Midi Disconnect

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DJMan32
Operating System: Windows

Midi Disconnect

Post by DJMan32 »

not sure if this is only for me or everyone else however every live show with daslight I have had this issue. During the show and with my midi pads(I use sometimes as many as 6 midi pads) one pad will disconnect while keeping its light values and the only way to fix it is to unplug the pad and plug it in. As far as my trouble shooting goes, its not the port, cable, or pad so its something to do with maybe the different types of pads or multiple of the same pad.

using
akai mk2
novation mk3 mini
novation launch control

actively doing testing on finding the issue/ cause but just wanted to make the team aware
Florianwurth67

Re: Midi Disconnect

Post by Florianwurth67 »

same probleme
:wink: Daslight 5 - DJ Electro - Advanced LightShow Creator - TIKTOK : floriann_on :wink: Image
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

after more experimenting, it even does it with one midi controller, hardware manager shows usb connection stays connected.
klauslein

Post by klauslein »

Hallo,

Ich habe ähnliche Probleme, wenn ich zu viele USB Verbindungen brauche.
Irgendwann ist immer eine Grenze erreicht, bei der der letzte Befehl priorisiert wird und dafür ein anderer abgeschaltet wird.
Wenn möglich, dann Standard Midi Kabel verwenden.
Ich würde auf jeden Fall mal testen, ab welcher Anzahl von Geräten dieses Phänomen auftritt.

Gruß Klaus

Gruß Klaus
juls

Post by juls »

Hello,

With too many device plug in a hub, it's probably a problem with the power supply of the hub.

Did you have the problem with only one MIDI device ?

REgards
klauslein

Post by klauslein »

I have all active hubs. With external power supply. But the capacity of these hubs is also limited, as we all know. With USB 2.0 less than with USB 3.0. If this capacity is exceeded, devices switch off, because the last selected always has priority.

Klaus
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

happens with one device yes, and ive used individual usb b and usb c ports,
Florianwurth67

Post by Florianwurth67 »

oui !! j'ai le même problème avec mon seul APC mini mk2 j'ai déjà changer de câble et de port USB. C'est vraiment très embêtant…
:wink: Daslight 5 - DJ Electro - Advanced LightShow Creator - TIKTOK : floriann_on :wink: Image