UDP Trigger Guide

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

tuxayeti
Operating System: Windows

UDP Trigger Guide

Post by tuxayeti »

HI, is it possible to run an DVC Interface in Standalone mode and then start the scenes over an UDP command? Any Guide-PDF out there? Would need a comment list. Programming the Intreface would not be a problem.

THX Stefan
MatrixLights
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: UDP Trigger Guide

Post by MatrixLights »

Hey,

I think it’s not possible to receive UDP when you use your interface in standalone. It may be triggered by DL, not by the interface itself. But I may be wrong, I have no setup I could test it with. I’d recommend to use MIDI In/Dry Ports.

I know that’s not exactly the answer you would like to here, but it’s an answer tho.

Regards,
Matrix
Answers in English or German

Mac / DL 5.0.2.1 / DVC Gold / AKAI APC Mini mk2
gladhyundai

Post by gladhyundai »

I don't think it can run independently, I tried it, maybe you should use MIDI In/Dry Ports.
JohnNicolaudie

Post by JohnNicolaudie »

There is a remote control API that we publish to perform actions such as starting / stopping scenes. On older devices it used UDP packets, but on newer ones it uses a combination of UDP (for discovery) and TCP for connecting, triggering etc.

If it's just stand-alone scenes you want to trigger, have you tried using Arcolis Remote? It actually uses the very same API, but is a ready made app, so you don't have to do any programming yourself.