Touch page buttons behaviour

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

nicopoche
Operating System: Windows

Touch page buttons behaviour

Post by nicopoche »

Hello !

I am an happy user of Daslight 4 for years and want to go to Daslight 5 ( just bought a DVC Gold today ! :D )

Unfortunatly, I hoped the touch page of Daslight 5 would solve a problem I have with Daslight 4 but it remain the same.
I control Daslight with a touchscreen, but I had to programm a second midi touch software that triggers Daslight scenes in order to make the buttons behave the good way.
In Daslight touch page, it behaves like this :

* For a flash scene : when you press the button, the scene starts, but when you release the button, the scene continues ! You have to press another time for the scene to stop...

* For a "normal" scene :
- when you press the button -> the scene start and the button lits on ( ok )
- You press again -> the button lits off but the scene continues !
- You press again -> the scene stops but the button is now lit on...

Maybe i am doing something wrong but with my touch midi software triggering Daslight, the buttons behave just as it should, and it would be so great if I could use only Daslight and not 2 programs at the same time...

Thank you for the great job, Daslight 5 is a biiiiig improvement :-)

Nicolas
DJMan32

Re: Touch page buttons behaviour

Post by DJMan32 »

I believe if you set the Scene to flash mode the button will behave as such. Also I think you can change the button to flash if you right click in edit mode.
nicopoche

Post by nicopoche »

Thank you for your reply :-)

Note that I don't use the mouse, but my fingers, and i believe that this is the cause of the problem. With the mouse, the button set to push works ok for a flash scene.

In Daslight ( as in Windows ), touching something is not like clicking something. The button is not triggered when you touch it, but when you release it. That's why it cannot work for flash scenes.
But with my other touch midi software, touching a button acts really like clicking it, and flash mode is possible.

The 2 modes for buttons are Toggle or Push.
For a flash scene :
* If the button is Toggle : Touch the button -> nothing happens until you release it and then the scene starts and keeps going.

* If the button is Push : Press the button -> nothing happens. You have to double-tap quickly the button in order to trigger the scene, and when you relase -> it stops the scene.

Hope it's clear ^^

Thanks again :-)
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

Ahh I see, understandable, I will try a touch screen but I believe I had it working at one point touch screen, do you have this problem on a different touch screen?
nicopoche

Post by nicopoche »

I didn't tried with another toucscreen, I use a all-in-one PC with 27 touchscreen.

After researchs, the real name of the problem is that the touch acts as "click-on-release" and not "click-on-press" and that's why it is impossible to make buttons that behave the right way for flash scene with fingers..

I guess i will have to stay with my second touch midi application that controls Daslight :wink: