Inverting movement

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Saggis

Inverting movement

Post by Saggis »

Hi guys:)

I'm making a small simple scene with two moving heads on each side of the stage...I'm trying to find some kind of option that would invert the movement of one of the heads so that they would go towards eachother for example. Lets say i turn the right moving head inwards the stage...the left would go the other way....is there some simple method of getting these to go exactly opposite of eachother? This is fairly simple with just these two but still takes alot of unneccessary time:P

Thanks for any respons that may help:)
DasLight-America_Support

Inverting Movement

Post by DasLight-America_Support »

Hi Saggis,

What you can do is go to the "setup" tab, then open the folder that your fixtures are in, and you will see blank squares next to the index column on each fixture. If you check the first square your X axis will be inverted on that fixture and the lights will move towards each other. Hope that helped! :D
Saggis

Post by Saggis »

Thank you very much thats exactly what i was looking for:)!
Saggis

Post by Saggis »

Sorry to disturbe again. is there something that you need to do to acutalize the invert X? becouse nothing happens and they both move as normal even if i choose the swap x and y they still work like normal.

Am i missing something here?
Andre

Post by Andre »

Most probably the invert X & Y is only for the software so it matches what the physical lights do. I am sure I had a problem with this early on then I did the following and it worked.
Not sure if you alos have to do it the the 3D Visualiser to make that behave the same way as the DVC2 software.
Have the fixtures got a menu option to invert them, most moving heads do because of the positions they get put in.
Andre
Saggis

Post by Saggis »

Can find anything in the 3dviz that does this....and i dont think my lights have the inverting option...but shouldnt they just start moving the opposit way by filling in the invert x axis?
Andre

Post by Andre »

I have just made one of my moving heads inverted on the X within the setup tab and the visualiser shows it moving inverted.

I have not tested it with fixtures attached yet, so can't comment if it does actually invert the signal to the fixture.
Andre
Saggis

Post by Saggis »

Thanks for trying that out for me...but still doesnt work for me...could you please send me your show so i can see if theres something else wrong?
Andre

Post by Andre »

Saggis wrote:Thanks for trying that out for me...but still doesnt work for me...could you please send me your show so i can see if theres something else wrong?

Have sent via email.
Andre