Daslight DVC Gold not working standalone with Daslight 5

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

TheHawk1337
Operating System: Windows

Daslight DVC Gold not working standalone with Daslight 5

Post by TheHawk1337 »

I have a new DVC Gold that I want to use standalone. I was editing my scenes with Daslight 5 and whilst editing everything worked as expected when playing a scene. When switching to standalone mode it seems like the DVC Gold only sends the latest DMX frame.

For instance: When having a rainbow effect on a RGB light, as soon as I switch to standalone mode the last color is the only one the DVC gold will send. If I plug the DMX cable into a different output, the light goes off as expected. When I plug it into the correct output for the universe I have selected, the light lights up again to the last known state. No matter what I do, I cannot get this to work.

When I switched to Daslight 4, everything works as expected and I can create the rainbow effect I desired no problem. The DVC gold has the most recent firmware and Daslight 5 was updated to the latest version. I tried it on 2 machines with the same effect. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong here?
TomHat

Re: Daslight DVC Gold not working standalone with Daslight 5

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. This is a strange behaviour which needs a little more digging. Could you please :
- send me your showfile at [email protected]
- in this same email, indicate the serial number of your DVC GZM device.
- also confirm the version of Daslight5 you're using (5.0.4.x ?)

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
TheHawk1337
Operating System: Windows

Post by TheHawk1337 »

I also emailed but for anyone struggeling with this as well: the DVC Gold by default only supports 2 of the 4 universes in live mode and only 1 universe in stand-alone mode. There is no popup about this when putting the device into stand-alone mode with a scene that uses a universe that is not supported, causing my confusion (especially since it does work in live mode).

Anyway, issue solved, stand-alone seems to work as specified when using 1 universe :)
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your solution.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500