TOUCH Pages Not Working

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DJ Lulu
Operating System: Windows

TOUCH Pages Not Working

Post by DJ Lulu »

1. On TOUCH section I've created INDIVIDUAL PAGES for every group of fixtures [moving heads, wash, laser etc] using the Add control to Touch View command. All good here.

2. Than I've created COMBINED PAGES for every combination of fixtures I use on different events [moving heads + par] [wash + laser] [wash + moving heads]. This time I used the Copy & Paste commands from one individual page into the combined ones [I didn't use the same method ''Add control to Touch View command'' because it takes a lot of time and effort to arrange them in page].

3. So, on the INDIVIDUAL PAGES [point 1], everything works fine. On the COMBINED PAGES, the lights are not working, and pressing a command for a color or move don't stops another one [if I touch 10 commands there are 10 buttons ON at the same time, and still no working lights].

I'm tired of looking for a solution so I'm asking for your help. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-24 175129.png
Screenshot 2024-02-24 175129.png (39.21 KiB) Viewed 2710 times
S.lellwitz

Re: TOUCH Pages Not Working

Post by S.lellwitz »

As already described in another post, there seem to be problems patching scenes twice on the touch pages.
DJ Lulu

Post by DJ Lulu »

The problem occurs only when I copy commands/buttons from one page to another [in Touch section]. If I use ''Add control to Touch View command'' from Control section it's working fine. But this takes a lot of effort, you have to move every button into the right position and personalize each one again. And again... And again...
Raphael_Nicolaudie

Post by Raphael_Nicolaudie »

Hello, thank you for reporting this issue. The problem has been found and will be fixed in the next release of Daslight 5.
Regards
Raphael
Daslight Support
jkanzel
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by jkanzel »

I've found that copy and pasting controls in the touch view breaks the link somehow, so you have to add them from the control page.
DJ Lulu

Post by DJ Lulu »

Thank you for your answer. If I may, I would like to make another suggestion - when adding buttons to Touch section, it would be great if the new button will be added in the square that's already marked with the mouse on a certain point of the Touch edit grid [same as copying from one Page to another] instead of left-bottom part of the page. If my explanation is not clear enough, I can provide more information.
S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

@DJ Lulu
that would be great.

The way I handle it at the moment is that I put label fields without text on the touch page so that only the fields where my buttons will later be located remain free.

as a kind of barrier, he always inserts it at the top left as far as possible.
suzume23
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by suzume23 »

You can rebuild your combined page using the Add Control to Touch View command for each Wordle Unlimited fixture you want to include. This ensures proper functionality and avoids potential copy-paste glitches.