License Daslight 5

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

aku

License Daslight 5

Post by aku »

Hello
I want to buy the daslight dvc fun for the daslight 5 software, but in the comments of the seller of this box some say that you have to pay an additional license for the software, is this true?
Thank you
DJMan32
Operating System: Windows

Re: License Daslight 5

Post by DJMan32 »

for the dvc fun yes you will have to purchase a year or lifetime license, this is perfect with djs with a hand full of lights but i will suggest moving to the next step dvc gold if you plan to use anything close to a universe or plan to add more fixtures in the future.
MatrixLights
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by MatrixLights »

Hey,
that’s not completely true. The software itself is free and you get everything you need to start with DMX control.
With the DVC Fun you’ll get a cheap and easy software-controlled DMX interface. If you want to start with DMX control it’s actually a nice way to a point. You get 128 channels and the express version (with less options than full version) of DL4 and DL5.
If you only need to control simple setups this is a way to go.
BUT keep in mind that you have to buy more channels and the full version of DL4/5 separate.

I have begun with a DVC Fun and it was nice to start. But quickly I realized that an DVC Gold would be better for me since I wanted to have the full access to DL. If you buy every upgrade you can for the DVC Fun you end up with 221$ for only 512ch and full version of DL5. Full version of DL4 is another 99$.
So if you buy a DVC Gold you pay as much as DVC Fun with 512ch and full DL5. And the DVC Gold has 1024ch and Full DL4/5 by default and can be upgraded to 2048ch much more.

I hope I could answer your question and helped you with a decision. If you have further questions feel free to ask.

Regards,
Matrix
Answers in English or German

Mac / DL 5.0.2.1 / DVC Gold / AKAI APC Mini mk2
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

That is a good point, thanks for clarifying, most of my first lights took up 50 parameters by themselves so I didn't even count 128 as useful. Sorry about that.
MatrixLights

Post by MatrixLights »

No problem, I thought you only had to buy a DVC Gold if you need the channels but even for a simple setup (I need 64ch) a DVC Gold is better since you have the full version of DL4 and 5. And for 135$ for full DL5 you could buy a DVC Gold and have plenty of channels if you need them.
The DVC Fun is nice for beginners until they need more channels or functions. But like the name says the DVC Fun is meant to be used by beginners just for fun.
Answers in English or German

Mac / DL 5.0.2.1 / DVC Gold / AKAI APC Mini mk2
bekean

Post by bekean »

While the DVC Fun may serve as fnf a great starting point for beginners with simple setups, the DVC Gold offers more versatility and access to the full features of the software, making it a better investment, especially considering the price point.
lucidam

Post by lucidam »

MatrixLights wrote:Hey,
that’s not completely true. The software itself is free and you get everything you need to start with DMX control.
With the DVC Fun you’ll get a cheap and easy software-controlled DMX interface. If you want to start with DMX control it’s actually a nice way to a point. You get 128 channels and the express version (with less options than full version) of DL4 and DL5.
If you only need to control simple setups this is a way to go.
BUT keep in mind that you have to buy more channels and the full version of DL4/5 separate.

I have begun with a DVC Fun and it was nice to only up start. But quickly I realized that an DVC Gold would be better for me since I wanted to have the full access to DL. If you buy every upgrade you can for the DVC Fun you end up with 221$ for only 512ch and full version of DL5. Full version of DL4 is another 99$.
So if you buy a DVC Gold you pay as much as DVC Fun with 512ch and full DL5. And the DVC Gold has 1024ch and Full DL4/5 by default and can be upgraded to 2048ch much more.

I hope I could answer your question and helped you with a decision. If you have further questions feel free to ask.

Regards,
Matrix

Thank you for providing additional information about DMX control software and hardware options. It's helpful to have a better understanding of the different choices available to those interested in DMX control.
James54

Post by James54 »

aku wrote:Hello
I want to buy the daslight dvc fun for the daslight 5 software monkey mart but in the comments of the seller of this box some say that you have to pay an additional license for the software, is this true?
Thank you

Hello! It's important to clarify licensing terms when purchasing software-related products like Daslight DVC Fun for Daslight 5. Some software products may require additional licenses or activations, so it's a good idea to double-check with the seller or Daslight's official support to ensure you have all the necessary licenses for full functionality. Better to be safe than sorry!
leorasy

Post by leorasy »

Please note that software licensing terms and pricing may change over time, so it's essential to check the official website or get in touch with Daslight's official channels for the most up-to-date information regarding Daslight 5 licensing and any potential updates or changes that may have occurred since my last update.
stumble guys
ninedevelop

Post by ninedevelop »

This is excellent for DJs that have a small collection of lights, but I'd advise going on to DVC Goldsnake io. Recall that you must purchase the full version of DL4/5 and additional channels separately. That is a salient point.
Mira23

Post by Mira23 »

ninedevelop wrote:This is excellent for DJs that have a small collection of lights, but I'd advise going on to DVC Gold. Recall that you must purchase the full version of DL4/5 and additional undertale yellow channels separately. That is a salient point.
Why is it necessary to switch to DVC Gold, can you explain a little more?
TheLightGuy12

Post by TheLightGuy12 »

dvc fun dvc gold dvc gzm

Price US$ 219 US$ 549 US$ 849
XLR 1 x 3-pin 4 x 3-pin 4 x 3-pin
Live Channels by default (XLR) 128 1024 1536
Live Channels max (XLR) 512 2048 2048

Daslight 4 Express Full Full
Daslight 5 Express Full Full

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this is why, by the time you upgrade the the DVC fun to have Daslight 5 full version and get 512 channels, you are more money then buying the gold that has twice the amount of channels/universes by default still allowing you to expand, and you get Daslight 5 Full right out of the box no need to upgrade