Level/VU-Meter

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Ole_D
Operating System: Windows

Level/VU-Meter

Post by Ole_D »

Hello Daslight-Team and Forum-Users,

I'm new in Daslight 5 but worked myself through all available manuals, forum topics and aunt google and couldn't find the settings for a level- or VU-meter effect (DL 5.0.3.1).
I see that DL 4 had this as a feature (p. 34 "Audio Patters [...]"), but DL 5 doesn't provide it any longer, or did I overlook something?
Audio devices, mics, LED rails and DVC Gold including plenty of Universes do their job fine for every other FX (Perlin, Plasma, Text, ...), but I cannot find the "level meter" FX anywhere, neither in edit or live mode.
Does somebody have a hint where to find this feature - if still available?

Many thanks in advance,
Ole
artyfunk2

Re: Level/VU-Meter

Post by artyfunk2 »

Try the Pulse Setting.
Ole_D

Re: Level/VU-Meter

Post by Ole_D »

Hi artyfunk2,

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the late reply: I tried it (in Live and Edit), but the pulse setting just reacts e.g. with dimmer or other features, but it's not underlying a mapping enabling the LED's reacting like a VU-meter, or?
Hmm... Maybe I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, but I have the feeling that this feature exists in DL4 but not DL5 anymore (I saw other posts claiming the same "feature-loss" from 4 to 5).

Still scratching my head but thanks for any ideas enabling this nice effect,
Ole

p.s.: Screenshots in this post...
https://forum.daslight.com/viewtopic.ph ... ter#p14505
...prove that the effect 'has' been in DL4 at least, and that it's sometimes not working from version to version, too... :?