Basic understanding of edit \ live mode - please help

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

yonatan01

Basic understanding of edit \ live mode - please help

Post by yonatan01 »

Hi guys
I'm new to the Daslight software
we have some event hall with 30-40 lights and LED (all connected with DMX to DVS gold)
I made some presets for the basic types of events, and all look fine.
The problem is that I can't see the faders in their real situation
for example - if some fader is on 60% in the preset, when the software is in live mode, this fader is on 0% (while the real light value is on 60%) so if I want to go to 70% I must go with the fader from 0% all the way during the event (it not looks good).
When the software is in EDIT mode, it reflects the real value of the lights in the faders but if I make some changes, it atomically saves it in the preset (not good).
So I do not understand the basic concept of the work here.
My desire is to recall a preset, then see the real lights situation reflected in the software in live mode, and then I can make some small fixes if needed without saving it to the preset.
Please advise
thanks
Yoni.
yonatan01

Re: Basic understanding of edit \ live mode - please help

Post by yonatan01 »

Anyone ?
klauslein
Operating System: Windows

Post by klauslein »

Hallo.
Um das System Daslight 5 zu verstehen sollte man unbedingt alle Bedienungsanleitungen aufmerksam lesen.
Damit sind dann schon 95 % deiner Fragen beantwortet. Es giibt auch eine Menge Videos.

Gruß Klaus

To understand the Daslight 5 system, you should read all the operating instructions carefully.
This will answer 95% of your questions. There are also a lot of videos.

Greetings Klaus
yonatan01

Post by yonatan01 »

I read the manual three times + saw the videos.
Unfortunately, I still can't understand how to see the faders in their actual position after I opened a preset.
If I am in "edit" mode, the faders show the real position, but when I switch to "live" mode, all the faders go down to zero.
klauslein

Post by klauslein »

Hi, it is actually well described in the manual that everything can be controlled live in live mode (hence the name). But only what you set again and again. This means that you start from scratch every time!!! But of course you have the option of saving the new settings immediately and renaming them as a new scene. This only makes sense if you suddenly need to make a certain setting in the evening that wasn't there before! Hence the Edit mode. There you can intervene and regulate during the show. And in order not to make it too complicated, you only have to leave the edit mode and it is already temporarily saved. Of course, at the end of the evening you have to save the complete show (new name), or simply overwrite it. It really couldn't be easier and less effort.

Greetings Klaus

Hallo.
Eigentlich steht das im Handbuch gut beschrieben, dass im Live Modus (daher auch der Name) alles Live gesteuert werden kann. Aber nur, was du auch immer! wieder! neu! einstellst. Das heißt, du beginnst komplett jedesmal neu!!! Hast aber natürlich die Möglichkeit, das neu eingestellte sofort zu sichern und als neue Szene neu zu benennen.
Ergibt nur Sinn, wenn plötzlich am Abend eine bestimmte Einstellung gemacht werden soll, die vorher noch nicht da war!
Deshalb auch der Edit Modus. Dort kannst du während der Show eingreifen und regulieren.
Und um das nicht zu kompliziert zu machen, brauchst du nur den Edit Modus verlassen und es ist bereits temporär gespeichert.
Natürlich mußt du am Ende des Abends dann sinnvollerweise die komplette Show speichern ( neuer Name), oder einfach überschreieben. Einfacher und mit weniger Aufwand gehts wirklich nicht mehr.

Gruß Klaus
yonatan01

Post by yonatan01 »

I'm sorry, but it's a weird way to work
in live mode. It's not "live" because all the parameters are at zero position, so you can't make minor changes during the show.
In edit mode, it saves automatically without asking if I want to save it.
I aim to finish programming the basic presets in the hall and leave it to the team to recall before each shows the preset and makes minor fixes in the iPad APP.
But it seems impossible with this software (live mode does not work, and they will destroy the presets in edit mode.
klauslein

Post by klauslein »

Es macht ja auch nur Sinn für die Leute, die diese Arbeitsweise als sinnvoll empfinden. Wer das so nicht mag, für den gibt es im Netz eine ganze Menge andere Software, die vielleicht für den Einzelnen besser geeignet ist. Ich bin kein Prophet, aber vermute mal, dass weit über 1000 Anwender diese Software gewählt haben, weil es das ist, was sie gesucht haben. Ich würde nicht die Arbeit der Entwickler in Frage stellen, denn diese haben seit vielen Jahren nur das umgesetzt, was die überwiegende Mehrheit der Nutzer gewünscht hat.
Bitte einfach nach der passenden Software weitersuchen und dann glücklich sein.
Wir sind es jetzt schon.

Frohe Weihnachten

After all, it only makes sense for people who find this way of working useful. For those who don't like it, there is a whole host of other software on the net that may be better suited to the individual. I'm no prophet, but I suspect that well over 1000 users have chosen this software because it's what they were looking for. I would not question the work of the developers, as they have been implementing what the vast majority of users wanted for many years.
Please just keep looking for the right software and then be happy.
We already are.

Merry Christmas
klauslein

Post by klauslein »

yonatan01 schreibt:
Es tut mir leid, aber das ist eine seltsame Arbeitsweise
im Live-Modus. Es ist nicht "live", weil alle Parameter auf der Nullposition stehen, so dass man während der Show keine kleinen Änderungen vornehmen kann.

klauslein schreibt:
Das nennt sich Live Edit (nicht Live Modus). Hier kann man etwas völlig neues während der Veranstaltung editieren. Jede Band, so wie sie es am liebsten hat.

yonatan01 schreibt:
Im Bearbeitungsmodus wird automatisch gespeichert, ohne dass ich gefragt werde, ob ich speichern möchte.

klauslein schreibt:
Was ist so unverständlich an dem Wort „Temporär“?
Zur Erklärung, wenn ich etwas verändert habe und aus der jeweiligen Szene raus gehe, ist das bereits – und nur - im Zwischenspeicher gespeichert, ohne dass ich erst noch auf Save – wollen Sie wirklich speichern und OK drücken muss!
Da spart man sich wertvolle Sekunden. Diese Szene wird dann erst dauerhaft gespeichert, als wenn ich das über – Datei – Speichern – oder Speichern als – mache.
Jeder kann speichern per Hand, muss man aber nicht. Wenn man ohne zu Speichen das Programm beendet, ist die gleiche Einstellung wie beim Starten zum Anfang des Abends wieder da.
Ist allerdings sinnvoll für die Bands, die öfter in der gleichen Location spielen dürfen, die Show unter einem eigenen Namen zu sichern. Brauchen das nur ein beim allerersten Mal machen. Und haben immer die perfekte Show.

yonatan01 schreibt:
Mein Ziel ist es, die Programmierung der grundlegenden Voreinstellungen in der Halle zu beenden und es dem Team zu überlassen, vor jeder Show die Voreinstellung abzurufen und kleinere Korrekturen in der iPad APP vorzunehmen.

klauslein schreibt:
genau das ist das Konzept von Daslight5.

yonatan01 schreibt:
Aber das scheint mit dieser Software unmöglich zu sein (der Live-Modus funktioniert nicht, und sie zerstören die Voreinstellungen im Bearbeitungsmodus.

klauslein schreibt:
das ist völliger Blödsinn!!

--------------------------------
yonatan01 writes:
I'm sorry, but this is a strange way of working
in live mode. It's not "live" because all the parameters are at the zero position, so you can't make small changes during the show.

klauslein writes:
This is called live edit (not live mode). Here you can edit something completely new during the show. Each band, the way they like it best.

yonatan01 writes:
In edit mode, it automatically saves without asking me if I want to save.

klauslein writes:
What is so incomprehensible about the word "temporary"?
To explain, when I have changed something and leave the respective scene, it is already - and only - saved in the temporary memory without me having to press Save - do you really want to save and OK!
This saves valuable seconds. This scene is then only saved permanently than if I do this via - File - Save - or Save as -.
Anyone can save manually, but you don't have to. If you exit the programme without saving, the same setting as at the start of the evening is there again.
However, it makes sense for bands that are often allowed to play in the same location to save the show under their own name. They only need to do this once the very first time. And always have the perfect show.

yonatan01 writes:
My goal is to stop programming the basic presets in the venue and leave it up to the team to recall the preset before each show and make minor adjustments in the iPad APP.

klauslein writes:
that's exactly the concept of Daslight5.

yonatan01 writes:
But that seems to be impossible with this software (live mode doesn't work, and they destroy the presets in edit mode.

klauslein writes:
this is complete rubbish!!!
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

klauslein wrote:Es macht ja auch nur Sinn für die Leute, die diese Arbeitsweise als sinnvoll empfinden. Wer das so nicht mag, für den gibt es im Netz eine ganze Menge andere Software, die vielleicht für den Einzelnen besser geeignet ist. Ich bin kein Prophet, aber vermute mal, dass weit über 1000 Anwender diese Software gewählt haben, weil es das ist, was sie gesucht haben. Ich würde nicht die Arbeit der Entwickler in Frage stellen, denn diese haben seit vielen Jahren nur das umgesetzt, was die überwiegende Mehrheit der Nutzer gewünscht hat.
Bitte einfach nach der passenden Software weitersuchen und dann glücklich sein.
Wir sind es jetzt schon.

Frohe Weihnachten

After all, it only makes sense for people who find this way of working useful. For those who don't like it, there is a whole host of other software on the net that may be better suited to the individual. I'm no prophet, but I suspect that well over 1000 users have chosen this software because it's what they were looking for. I would not question the work of the developers, as they have been implementing what the vast majority of users wanted for many years.
Please just keep looking for the right software and then be happy.
We already are.

Merry Christmas

I agree to a point that yes its meant to be a specific category in software, I disagree 200% on a lot of that because its not a cheap niche software, I have a couple grand now in software and hardware from this company that I cant use for anything else and expect something usable in return. Its so close to being a fantastic software however what's holding it back are not workaround issues. This Team needs to be on it and deliver what is requested by its users or not offer a half baked solution that costs a Decent amount of money especially for the audience they attract.
klauslein

Post by klauslein »

Jeder kann seine eigenen Erfahrungen machen. Ich habe 10 Jahre mit einer Software gearbeitet, die vor 10 Jahren top war. Aber als die Entwicklung nicht mehr weitergegangen ist, bin ich zu Daslight 5 gewechselt. Hier habe ich bereits in 9 Monaten viel mehr erreicht als in den letzten 10 Jahren. Ich habe aber aber auch gelernt, dass Druck aufbauen meistens nix hilft. Außerdem werden über das Forum neue Ideen gesammelt. Aber kein Hersteller ändert seine Produktlinie, wenn nur 2 Anfragen kommen.

Vielleicht doch nur einfach mal den Anbieter wechseln. Versuch macht klug!

Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr 2024 an das komplette Forum.

Gruß Klaus
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

klauslein wrote:Jeder kann seine eigenen Erfahrungen machen. Ich habe 10 Jahre mit einer Software gearbeitet, die vor 10 Jahren top war. Aber als die Entwicklung nicht mehr weitergegangen ist, bin ich zu Daslight 5 gewechselt. Hier habe ich bereits in 9 Monaten viel mehr erreicht als in den letzten 10 Jahren. Ich habe aber aber auch gelernt, dass Druck aufbauen meistens nix hilft. Außerdem werden über das Forum neue Ideen gesammelt. Aber kein Hersteller ändert seine Produktlinie, wenn nur 2 Anfragen kommen.

Vielleicht doch nur einfach mal den Anbieter wechseln. Versuch macht klug!

Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr 2024 an das komplette Forum.

Gruß Klaus
I appreciate you but I still disagree, and yes happy new year, thanks!
klauslein

Post by klauslein »

Hallo DJMan32, hallo yonatan01,

zuerst einmal ein gesundes neues Jahr.
So... ich habe mir mal die Mühe gemacht, dein Problem nachzubauen. Und ich muss sagen. Du hast recht!
Ich arbeite ausschließlich mit MIDI und dem Daslight Remote. Deshalb kam für mich Deine Variante nicht zur Anwendung.
Wenn aber jemand Live eingreifen muss gibt es massive Probleme.
Mein Vorschlag an das Daslighgt5 Team:
einfach einen Zusatzbutton Live Show nennen, der alle EDIT DATEN 1:1 spiegelt.
Dort kann man rumspielen wie man will ohne dass es gespeichert wird.
Wer speichern will sollte einen EXTRA Save Button mit zusätzlicher Nachfrage Funktion drücken müssen, der dann bewusst die jeweiligen Szenen überschreibt.
So kann jede Band ihr eigenes Setup erstellen ( falls diese öfter, oder regelmäßig auftreten ) und die Master Show bleibt immer als Sicherungs Setup beim Veranstalter!

Gruß Klaus

Hello DJMan32, hello yonatan01,

first of all a happy new year.
So... I took the trouble to recreate your problem. And I have to say. You're right!
I work exclusively with MIDI and the Daslight Remote. That's why I didn't use your variant.
But if someone has to intervene live, there are massive problems.
My suggestion to the Daslighgt5 team:
Just name an additional button Live Show that mirrors all EDIT DATA 1:1.
There you can play around as you like without it being saved.
If you want to save, you should have to press an EXTRA Save button with an additional demand function, which then deliberately overwrites the respective scenes.
This way, each band can create their own setup (if they perform often or regularly) and the master show always remains with the organizer as a backup setup!

Greetings Klaus