Moving fixtures - No control.

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

nosegear

Moving fixtures - No control.

Post by nosegear »

I've been using DVC2 on windows 7 recently and my moving heads (MAC 2Ks) pan/tilt motion doesn't work. It just resorts back to the 0pan 0tilt positions which leaves the beams shining to the ceiling. When I try to move them the faders fight back and it returns to the same position.

I changed their modes to Auto but the pan/tilt channels automatically go back to LTP.

This happens with the real lights and in the 3D viewer.
This didn't happen on my older pc running XP.
This happens with all moving heads and scanners in the 3D view aswell.

Any help on solving this?
Thanks
Faris
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Do you have a DMX or MIDI console input?
Is this both in live and when programming?
Does this happen on all shows?
nosegear

Post by nosegear »

It is both during live and programming. Happens in all shows and I dont use DMX/MIDI input.

Thanks
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

sounds like a corrupted patch to me.

open a new incident of DVC2. import all your scenes from your current show and see if the pan and tilt work ...if they do then just re create the patch.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

..if that doesn't work, e-mail over your show
nosegear

Post by nosegear »

Re-patching hasn't worked unfortunately. Another problem is that fades aren't smoooth on certain fixtures in each group that im using. So some LED pars fade smoothly whilst others flicker with different colours as it fades.

Not an issue with my fixtures as again it occurs in the 3D visualiser.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

have you tried checking if you have an effects button that is putting the pasn and tilt into LTP mode.

or are you using midi in. it might be worth disabling midi in and dmx in in the options ribbon at the top of the screen.

as for the led's some of the earlier leds do flicker at low brightness settings. this is the led and not the program unfortunately.
have you checked the moving slider in thegroup tab window to see if the slider is jumping or not moving smoothly.
nosegear

Post by nosegear »

It's not only LED Pars it happens with my MACs too... but only one fixture in the group. Getting same result in visualiser as well as on the real fixture.

No effects button but I will try disabling midi in and dmx in.
Will check sliders too.

edit: the pan/tilt sliders are constantly put into LTP mode. Not sure why.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Just as an exercise try opening a new instance of DVC create a patch for just one mac 250 head and see if you can get proper control.

this will tell you if the version of the software you have is corrupted, if so get Simon B to look at your show and he will send you the latest stable version of the software for your machine ie windows 7.
nosegear

Post by nosegear »

Works fine when I open a new show and add the MAC250. However I saved that show, closed down DVC2 and opened it up again and the sliders where automatically moving to the max position for tilt and 0 for pan.

Happens the same in my other show with my fixtures
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

it seems there is definately something corrupting the patch, so I have one last suggestion. highlight all of universe 1, and paste it onto universe 2. now select the daslight interface and re address to be universe 2.

I had a similar problem in the past and moved universe and then it all worked fine. If this does not solve the problem then either the interface or your version of the software have a fault.

I do not upgrade the software when I have a good working platform. It may be worth asking Simon to send you and older version , or at least check your saved files.

good luck. I know how frustrating this can be.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi, sorry but I can't reproduce this problem. Which ver are you using?