Effect should not stop another

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

evt_ffm

Effect should not stop another

Post by evt_ffm »

Hi and thank you for your help!
To keep it simple:

easy setup: 2 wash-movinglights
one scene (just a slow circle movement) > works
one effect: just color yellow > works (I can select it on and off and it shines yellow)

now, I created a new effect, it should be a strobflash effect, so if my scene (circle movement) and my color yellow is moving I just want to have an effect button to start the strobflash (in addition to the other effect which is selected on). The problem is: After I select the strobflash effect off, the effect "yellow" is not shining anymore (but it is still "orange (active)" marked).

I hope it is clear.....I just want to have a stroboflash button which starts the strobflash effekt - in addition to the running effect and after release this strobflash the other effect should be still running.

(the circle movement scene is running all the time, no problem here)!
Thanks!
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

I think you need to select a new colour for the strobe for it to not dissable a previous effect.

alternatively try flash mode for the effect. another thing I have noticed is that if an effect button has a similar name such as smoke these automatically cancel out any other with the same alpha numeric start characters.

so S would be the predominant character and this may cancel other effects with the letter S at the beginning of the description.

can't swear to this but in my experience this seems to be the case.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience