each show: new Positions, the rest should stay the same

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

dktechnik

each show: new Positions, the rest should stay the same

Post by dktechnik »

Hello,

I've not been working with Daslight or any other DMX Software for a few years...
Here is what i do:
We have a small show touring accross Germany. In each Location I will be Using the same Moving Heads i bring along.
The Locations are pretty different to each other.

What I need:
It will be the exactly same show every time. Same Colours same Moves etc.
But the Position of the stage and of the MH's is always changing. So i want to Programm the show once and only want to change the Pan & Tilt for every location. But I use the same positions in several scenes, so i only wanna change it once and use it in lots of scenes...
Is it possible with the actual Sunlite Suite?

P.S. I also want to put this on a kind of timeline. Can Daslight Play MP3's or wav files, so i can synchronize the Movements and Colour Changing exactly.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

This is possible with Sunlite Suite 2. Gernot has replied to this post of yours on the Sunlite forums.

As for Daslight, there are no palettes or timelines.
dktechnik

Post by dktechnik »

Thanks for the answer.
I indeed already know its possible with sunlite, but wanted to know if it would also be possible with the dasligth software.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

as you have discovered there is no offset function for heads in Daslight.

I would suggest firstly making all your movements only in one group for easy editing. also create a blank scene for entering and exiting editor mode, so you can edit during the show.

Next I suggest creating a datum point setting (scene) for your rig. ie all heads on in open white on the lead microphone stand. this will help with positioning of fixtures.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience