MIDI, Art-net, OSC

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Sorokin52
Operating System: Windows

MIDI, Art-net, OSC

Post by Sorokin52 »

1. Feedback on encoders does not work well if the encoder is in the mode of the selected bank or the selected scene.
2. It is not possible to assign the Edit and Live mode selection to the controller.
3. There is no way to change the tempo using an encoder or a feeder.
4. There is no way to quickly select a tempo source. Please add this to the main screen.
5. It is not possible to assign a scene selection to the controller without starting.
6. If you do midi mapping in the touch window with all the feedbacks, then we will be able to divide our controllers into many layers.
7. It is very lacking the ability to remove a group of devices from "All". For example, I use Artnet to manage the Resolume Arena and do not want to see these channels in the ALL group. Or add the ability to send commands to OSC or MIDI along with DMX inside scenes. Or you can make separate scenes to control other programs.
8. Some midi controllers have miniature screens. For example, the Behringer X-Touch. It would be nice if the DS5 could send information to these screens.
willm

Re: MIDI, Art-net, OSC

Post by willm »

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I have a couple of quick questions on some of the points made if you would please be able to confirm some further information:

Regarding points:

1) What specifically do you mean by this? Is it to do with the colour feedback on the controllers LEDs? If so, perhaps you could share some further information on this.

5) Do you mean that you want to map a scene select function (the right hand side of a button), rather than only a scene play function?

7) I am a little unsure on what specifically you are referring to here. If you are referring to fixture Groups (from the Setup window) the 'All' Group is specifically designed to include all fixtures in the project however I will state that fixtures can be in multiple Groups at once, so perhaps it would be best if you created a dummy 'All' Group with only the fixtures that you want in there. (If I have misunderstood- please do let me know!) I am also unsure on what you are referring to with the part about "add the ability to send commands to OSC or MIDI along with DMX inside scenes"- would you please be able to clarify further about this?

Regarding the other suggestions- these have been noted and will be passed on to the development team to consider in future updates :)

Kind regards,
Will
Sorokin52
Operating System: Windows

Re: MIDI, Art-net, OSC

Post by Sorokin52 »

1. There are no problems with the color of the buttons.
I have an AKAI APC40 MK2 controller, its encoders are highlighted. When assigning encoders to a selected scene or bank, feedback does not work when changing the scene or bank. Feedback only works for one bank or one stage.

5. Yes.

7. That's what I'm doing now. I had to create a fictitious "All" group
I would like to be able to send not only DMX in the scene, but also control signals for other programs or devices.
For example, I would like to control the Resolume Arena over the OSC protocol via DS5.
I would do this as a separate type of scene. For example, "Remote control scene", which can also be inserted into super scenes.

And more... There is not enough mapping for "Fan value"