Help needed! (Virtual Controller 2 + dvc 512)

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

CheshireDJ

Help needed! (Virtual Controller 2 + dvc 512)

Post by CheshireDJ »

Hi

I have been playing around with the virtual controller 2 software but have not yet bought the dongle. I like the software very much but need to know that everything I have created will work live with the dvc 512.

I have been using my laptop to move the live speed faders, does this work or do I need a midi in for the dongle to read it. Reason I ask is I want to just take my laptop and get rid of my hardware controller.

I know a lot of people hate that the faders take prioity over the scenes but I quite like this, its like an override on all fixtures, plus I asume the reset button I have been using works live through the dongle.

Thanks in advance for any help.
CheshireDJ

Post by CheshireDJ »

After playing around a little longer with the software, I have decided I'll create BPMs in the audio analyzer and use them live rather than use the speed faders, I think this will give a better effect. I assume that the dongle is plug and play so everything I have created will run the same live. Can't wait for my dongle to arrive so I can put everything into action and physically see my works live. I think this will transform my light shows after working with a hardware controller. I will probably be nervous for a few gigs hoping I get no glitches but if I stay in the past I will not stand out from the rest. Doing mostly weddings I think the lighting for the first dance is very important and with this software I'll be able to create some fab scenes which when I take my scanners out I will be able to adjust the pan and tilt to the exact postion via the faders and it will stay in that postion for all my scenes until I reset my faders, great! Adjusting the brightness via the faders depending on the venue and skip from scene to scene with no adverse effects, fab again. I like this very much because my par lights are very bright for most venues and need dimming.