Bank Pages, Touch triggering by MIDI, Absolute/Relative values

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

overfuze
Operating System: Windows

Bank Pages, Touch triggering by MIDI, Absolute/Relative values

Post by overfuze »

Are multiple pages for banks in the plans? It gets annoying if you have 20+ banks and no way to collapse them in their own "subfolder/page" like how you can on the Touch page.

Also one thing I found annoying is that you cannot map multiple things onto a touch button/fader/knob, and then just simply map that touch button to a MIDI control, but you have to go and map the exact same properties onto MIDI that you just mapped onto the touch buttons...

Another thing that I honestly don't fully understand is the attribute values from Absolute to Relative, half of the time it seems like it just doesn't work properly and it's missing on half of the features (i.e. it exists on Curve FX, but it's missing on Chaser FX???)
I put Curve FX for the dimmer with phasing to make a simple dimmer curve that goes from top to bottom, and that works fine, but now I want to basically scale down the dimming so that the top fixtures are the brightest, but bottom ones very low on brightness (so while the dimmer animation scrolls down, by the time it reaches the last fixture, the max brightness should be like 10% instead of 100%), in my mind it would make sense to make another scene that has the same length and a linear dimming curve with no phasing (so all fixtures start bright and end dark), and then just "multiply" that scene with the one that has phasing. But I can't seem to do this.
Other way to do it in my head would be to first select the fixtures, then set their dimmer, and then add the Curve FX with its attribute value set to relative so it would act as a multiplier, but that doesn't work either.

Also why does only Chaser random have the Flash feature, and why is the fading only put as a "fade in" instead of a switch between "fade out" or fade in+out etc...

So many features that are half broken...
DJMan32

Re: Bank Pages, Touch triggering by MIDI, Absolute/Relative values

Post by DJMan32 »

^
juls

Post by juls »

Hello,
It's possible to map multiple things onto a touch/MIDI/Keyborad...
ss.jpg
ss.jpg (77.92 KiB) Viewed 154 times

You can find the explanation of Absolute/Relative attributes in the manual.
https://eu-litterature.n-g.co/Release/d ... ual_en.pdf

Regards
overfuze

Post by overfuze »

Hi, I am aware it's possible to map multiple things to EITHER touch/MIDI/keyboard, what I am asking for is, once you mapped i.e. 5 scenes to 1 touch button, allow us to map that touch button onto a MIDI control. So we don't end up having to map the same 5 scenes again to the MIDI mappings.

I think I understand the absolute/relative attributes, but I think they are flawed, as now they act as a + - values instead of a multiplier. My suggestion is to add a "multiply" attribute value aswell. I made a video to showcase the problem and try to explain it better. Also I explained my problem in particular there, and if anybody has any suggestions on how to solve it, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/OIqsbWIdOOQ
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

i agree with the ability to map touch buttons to a midi button, will also make programming on the road easier as you arnt always near your mini controller console. But i am owrried about the added delay, if its quick enough then maybe it wont be an issue but im not so hopeful as it has to trigger scene, update graphic, update dmx, update graphic again, then it would have to send midi out/receive midi in. maybe that can happen quick enough without hiccup,in that case that would be sweet