Interface Daslight + Daslight 5 - few questions

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

jacquelinewilson
Operating System: Windows

Interface Daslight + Daslight 5 - few questions

Post by jacquelinewilson »

Hello,

I would like to ask for advice regarding DMX interface.

I have been looking into various interfaces such as Cameo Light, Eurolite, etc. However, I've decided to go for the Daslight DVC Gold because I eventuallmerge fruitsy want to use Daslight 5 - I've heard it's much better than the previous version. I'm still building up my lighting arsenal, currently having 4 LED wash lights, with 4 beams, 2 spots, and a laser on the way.

We mainly play events using Pioneer XDJ / CDJ - will I be able to somehow synchronize the music with the lighting in real-time using Daslight 5? Or will I have to manually adjust everything in the program while listening to the dj music?

For example, I'm looking to have Daslight detect an upcoming drop (triggering, for instance, strobe lights), and then switch to a different lighting arrangement after the drop. Or I need to use different app for this function(I heard maybe Daslight5 + Resolume can make it)?

Thank you
DJMan32

Re: Interface Daslight + Daslight 5 - few questions

Post by DJMan32 »

as long as you are triggering the scene or you have a midi cue for the drop then daslight 5 will work fine.
georgelake

Re: Interface Daslight + Daslight 5 - few questions

Post by georgelake »

You can use the built-in beat detection to identify the buildup section in the music. Set lighting scenes to change at specific points within the buildup, effectively triggering a switch before the drop.
geometry dash lite