Beat GO / BPM driven Super Scene

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

pkap

Beat GO / BPM driven Super Scene

Post by pkap »

Hi,

I want to create scenes and super scenes that are entirely beat driven.

Especially for super scenes: Are there good explanations out there that explain if it's possible and how it's done?

For the super scene I'm thinking about not having a time scaled timeline, but a beat scale, as you find it in Cubase & Co.

Does that exist?

Also: Does anybody in the whole wide world know what Beat GO actually is and how it is intended to be used?

If you Google for it, there are less than 10 hits.

Clearly Daslight does not want us to know, don't they?

Regards, Andre
SkyGypsy
Operating System: Windows

Re: Beat GO / BPM driven Super Scene

Post by SkyGypsy »

I don't think currently you could beat drive a superscene, since it's not stepped.

My stuff is all stepped through songs (think verse, chorus, break, etc), since it's a live performance, so the superscenes are useful to a point, but only as a step in itself. Granted, it make for some pretty elaborate steps, lol, but still, I need to be able to define when a step starts and ends, based on a cue that may vary for a number of reasons (long lead, drummer tempo <snicker>, aw hell, they're dancing, go another round, etc, etc, etc).

Way way back, I suggested "steps" for superscenes, along with quite a few other useful things. I've long given up hope in seeing any of them. I have been wrong before though ;)
LionsMane Sound & Light
juls

Post by juls »

Hello,
It will be available in the next release.
Regards
pkap

Post by pkap »

Ah, that's cool to know!

Thank you for the update!