More than 1 Daslight Interface possible?

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

PMServices
Operating System: Mac OS X

More than 1 Daslight Interface possible?

Post by PMServices »

Can I use 2 or Daslight 5 interfaces at the same time, so basically 8 or 12 universes?

greetings

Patrick
S.lellwitz
Operating System: Windows

Re: More than 1 Daslight Interface possible?

Post by S.lellwitz »

Soweit ich weiß ja.
Aber wäre es dann nicht sinvoller und günstiger einfach auf die 30 Art-Net zu upgraden?
Warachnid

Post by Warachnid »

As far as I know, the Daslight 5 software supports the use of multiple interfaces to expand the number of universes available for DMX control. You can use two or more Daslight interfaces simultaneously to control more universes.
However, it is essential to check specific details and limitations in the Daslight 5 documentation or contact Daslight support directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information. Software features and compatibility are subject to updates and changes, so you should verify with the latest resources.scratch games
PMServices

Post by PMServices »

S.lellwitz wrote:Soweit ich weiß ja.
Aber wäre es dann nicht sinnvoller und günstiger einfach auf die 30 Art-Net zu upgraden?
Eigentlich schon, aber so eine Artnet Node kostet auch gut 1000,00 €

Und ich habe so oder so zwei Interfaces.... meist reiche ich locker mit 4 Universen.
Aber es kommt, vor, dass ich mehr brauche. z.B. um bestimmten Lampen eines zur verfügung zu stellen.

Der Prolighting Verkäufer meinte nur das nicht möglich ist und ich konnte noch nicht testen
PMServices

Post by PMServices »

Warachnid wrote:As far as I know, the Daslight 5 software supports the use of multiple interfaces to expand the number of universes available for DMX control. You can use two or more Daslight interfaces simultaneously to control more universes.
However, it is essential to check specific details and limitations in the Daslight 5 documentation or contact Daslight support directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information. Software features and compatibility are subject to updates and changes, so you should verify with the latest resources.scratch games
I'm not sure I understood what you mean. In theory, Daslight simply recognizes the interfaces. Interfaces may need to be activated for more universes.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

be sure in device settings area to configure the correct universes to the correct outputs, when i connect 3 of my fully unlocked dvc golds it likes to duplicate universes so I have to set each individual universe. just a quick note
bekean

Post by bekean »

Configuring the correct universes to the corresponding outputs in the device settings area is a crucial step, especially when working with multiple interfaces. It's good to know that Daslight heardle users may encounter situations where universes get duplicated when using multiple DVC Golds.