Operating System: Windows

Re: Update on scenes by group?

Post by UNITevents »

Nice idea but a little bit a "dirty take"
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

then just scene by group. you have a shutter fx on a group and whatever fixtures you add to that group takes on that fx attribute, you have a color scene, whatever fixture you add to that group takes on that color, same with move fx and so on. the only reason I like the swap fixtures as well is because if you already have positions set up then the swap fixtures will keep the position of movers
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

im not letting this get brushed under the rug, I cant be the only person that has this issue
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

What do you mean?
TheLightGuy12
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by TheLightGuy12 »

It sounds like the same issue that I have, Currently you have to create a new show file every time you switch lights or DMX fixtures. Adding Lights to a show file should not be this difficult. Every scene has to be updated even though the ability to select a group exits already, it just doesn't Update the scenes that have the group of fixtures that's selected causing a redundant process.

Reaching lights is very easy with the drag and drop or through the specific patch address. Love that feature

However if you want to swap a moving head for a different moving head, there is no way of doing this without going to every scene and attempting to match what you had.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

UNITevents wrote:What do you mean?
i mean features get ignored and never revisited on this forum
and there is 7117 people that have visited this sub forum and i only have two people actually responding, so the devs ignore it because they don't see it as an issue.
klauslein

Post by klauslein »

Hallo.
Ich muss mal fragen, was damit gemeint ist, die Moving Heads einfach auszutauschen. Es gibt so viele unterschiedliche Kanalbelegungen und Farbunterschiede zwischen den Herstellern. Da gibt es keinen weltweiten Standard. Wie soll das gehen? Oder meint ihr was ganz anderes?
Gruß Klaus

Hello.
I have to ask what is meant by simply replacing the moving heads. There are so many different channel assignments and color differences between manufacturers. There is no worldwide standard. How is that supposed to work? Or do you mean something completely different?
Greetings Klaus
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

Super simple, yes some parameters will be lost like not all fixtures have zoom, focus, second gobo wheel, ect.... Das 5 already looks at the bigger picture,

Im going to simplify this and only talk about color and position because that's the important aspects

das looks at position on the xy grid then does the calculation for xfader, xfine movement fader, y fader, and y small movement fader

the color wheel is exactly the same, if you have a fixture that only has color gobo, you can still use the color grid and it will select the closest color on the color wheel.

the dimmer and shutter matches on the new fixture

So when you swap/replace a fixture, das needs to update all of the scenes that have parameters for the fixture you are replacing with the the new fixture while keeping the same spot on the color grid, keep the same xy position, attempt to match the same gobo, zoom, prism, so on, The fixture profiles already have all of this divided out in common information the software understands. And for the aspects the software cant find a match for or the new fixture does not have, have a prompt " Some aspects where not able to be converted or found, do you still wish to continue?" or something like that and atleast you will have color, shutter, dimmer and position done and wont have to to go every scene to update the new fixture.

example, you show up to a venue, the patch list says you have 45 Chauvet r2's and all the patch sheet, awesome, however they failed to mention that was the old patch sheet and where upgraded to vipers.......... what are you suppose to do when you have people on set and cant be programming all the new light fixtures

the group update fixture we need aswell. same thing, the software already knows what the groups are, you edit a scene and select a group and it selects all the fixtures in that group. so if you have a scene controlling a whole group with color for example, have a scene by group button or something, (just aslong as you can switch between group and not group) where when you add a fixture, it adds the fixture to all the group scenes, and tries to match the aspects the best possible just like in the replacing fixtures. and like a macro if a group scene has a color FX on, it automatically selects the new fixture because its part of the group and adds it to the fx (little red fx button)

Best example of this that I have ALL THE TIME, Band shows up with special lights they like, they want you to tap into them via dmx, you have to now go to every scene you have set up (hundreds in my case) and click the same buttons over and over again. this could take an hour and now I have bugs in my showfile with no time to troubleshoot and the show looks half baked.
klauslein

Post by klauslein »

Wow... I must have got it right after all. Of course, it would be almost revolutionary. I have no idea whether this already exists anywhere, but I can understand why a light technician who has to work with other people's systems all the time would need something like this. It sounds a bit like artificial intelligence to me. ( But only because I don't have enough experience )
However, there may be enough users with smaller problems who have been waiting a long time for a solution. I can only keep my fingers crossed that there will be many people interested in your idea.

Greetings Klaus

Wow... ich hatte es wohl doch richtig verstanden.
Wäre natürlich fast schon revolutionär. Ich habe keine Ahnung, ob es das irgendwo bereits gegeben hat.
Kann aber auch verstehen, dass ein Licht Techniker, der ständig mit fremden Anlagen arbeiten muss, unbedingt so etwas braucht. Für mich klingt das schon ein bisschen nach künstlicher Intelligenz. ( Aber nur weil ich zu wenig Erfahrung habe )

Möglicherweise gibt es aber bei kleineren Problemen genügend Anwender, die auch bereits lange auf ihre Lösung warten.
Ich kann nur die Daumen drücken dass es viele Interessenten für deine Idee geben wird.

Gruß Klaus
Last edited by klauslein on Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

its mainly just adding an update script when moving from setup, to control, and copying atributes from scene to added fixture.

grandma2 has had the clone feature forever which goes even further more like AI (not asking for that) and you can swap fixtures without a problem,

Im not a coder, i have limited experience, but the das 5 team is MUCH smarter that I am and have done harder tasks already
TheLightGuy12

Post by TheLightGuy12 »

So does HOG and GrandMa3, Actually with FID it ignores the fixture completely so swapping is a dream.

MA3 also has an amazing clone feature which in a way does this but more advanced
TheLightGuy12

Post by TheLightGuy12 »

UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Yes basically the idea is to create scenes (for example a effect group with moving heads including movements, colours, colour effects,..) for groups.
Imagine you create all those scenes and in 3 months you want to add 4 moving heads to your front truss to you Effect Group. Then you don’t have to adapt all those scenes! You only need to make some static positions and you are ready to GO!

That’s the idea. Don’t know if this something more people want/need.
TheLightGuy12

Post by TheLightGuy12 »

Looking more into cloning, cloning is almost necessary with larger setups
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Such a feature would be cool.