Update on scenes by group?

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DJMan32
Operating System: Windows

Update on scenes by group?

Post by DJMan32 »

any update on the scenes that control a group rather then individual fixtures to make busking easier and setting shows up faster?
DJMan32

Re: Update on scenes by group?

Post by DJMan32 »

please
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

i have to make a new show file for every show. after this week its been hectic
S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

Do I change your fixtures so often?
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

yes, by amount and type. i maybe have two jobs out of 18 that are consistent and even then the bands usually like to bring their own ground package so i have to reprogram again because i cant just add all the pars to the par group and call it a day, i have to change every scene. Busking sucks at the current state
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Will this be added in the next release?
BR
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Maybe a feature to "just" play scenes only for selected fixtures would be a solultion.

1.) You select the fixtures you want the scene to play
1.png
1.png (48.01 KiB) Viewed 724518 times

2.) You play a scene and the scene only plays for selected fixtures
2.png
2.png (6.17 KiB) Viewed 724518 times

But this is not possible yet, I guess
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

With colors it is already possible
See also:https://youtu.be/q8J1dGwbMv0
3.png
3.png (138.44 KiB) Viewed 724518 times
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

yes but what im looking for is to fix busking. With that you still have to go back to those scenes and create those groups yada yada. Daslight already sees color as color and not individual values, and you can have a mass number of groups. for the scenes you can select a group and it selects all fixtures. However, say you want to add another light to that group like the drummer brought another par can for his snare to light up. if you add it to the group that your scenes are made from it does not update the other scenes, you have to go back and update all 256 scenes that you added that fixture to.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

a CLONE tool for movers would be AMAZING, but im pushing my luck, i just need something that i can go to a venue and have a pre programmed show and only have to patch the fixtures instead of showing up some time 8 hours before the show to write a whole new show file every time. id live with being able to swap fixtures out . like i make a master show file using generic rgb lights and genatic movers and then later at the venue i can swap the movers for the actual fixtures and actual par lights. PERFECT positions are even set, but we cant do that.
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Yes thats a good point with updating scenes.
Hope that this will be implemented. I think thats a game changer as i already mentioned...
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

I have a small 5 universe show on new years that I cant prep for. I don't have a patch for the venue or even know what the venue looks like. and i have an hour to set up before the show. I am now begging at this point, at the current state of software I can not program ahead of time for these shows, i need to be able to swap fixture profiles without losing the programming on every scene. or the ability to make scenes effect a group instead of individual fixtures so you can add fixtures to the group and it updates all the scenes correctly. Preferably both at this point especially for movers. I am not the only one ,BY FAR, that is having this issue, and something needs to be done now. I respect the team very much but we are now WAY too much time between updates on important features that should have been their to start with. I will learn C++ if they need more help or something, I don't care, I'm begging
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

At this point I dont think this will be implemented in the furture since there was never a Response from the DL-Team.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

that's so annoying and disappointing
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

you can even update the fixture profiles right now, at least have the option to change fixture profile for each fixture, then we can create a master show where we just set up 300 generic movers and 1000 generic rgb fixtures(if it doesent lag out) and just swap fixtures out as we need, thats a work around