Update on scenes by group?

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DJMan32
Operating System: Windows

Re: Update on scenes by group?

Post by DJMan32 »

Recent thread, someone had a fixture profile problem, if said fixture gets fixed in the library you can right click and update fixture profile (in theory, haven't actually tested) But what if they cant have the library fixture fixed so they make a new one in the fixture creator cloud? What are they suppose to do? recreate every scene with the new fixture profile?

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR with the clone feature and the swap feature, you can swap the fixtures out and even add more with minimal effort. More importantly can be done on the fly
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

Another example, you want to switch fixture modes, how is one supposed to change to fine pan tilt mode without recreating every position?

Clone tool, Swap tool
pietia

Post by pietia »

+1 from me. Dear programmers of DasLight 5 please consider above feature
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Any updates regarding this?
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

Really looking forward to seeing this in the next update, beating a dead horse but grand ma2/3 with macros can update all position cues with a hand full of pre-show offsets

Hopeful with a cloning feature and a better way of handling relative movement with stationary and fx movement scenes will give us the ability to easily patch new fixtures, different fixtures, and actually allow us to program ahead of time.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

Another example: this weekend I have 6 moving lights, never worked with and had a 25 minute changeover, turned out one of the fixtures was on the wrong mode. I didn’t have time to reprogram every scene so we have to physically unplug that fixture, was very disappointed
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Any Feedback of the devs to this?
Will this be implemented, yes or no? :)
S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

According to employees at "Prolight and Sound", this function will not be implemented or is not planned.

I quote the employee's statement from memory:
"Implementing this is a highly complex programming effort, I'm not a programmer, but it's very difficult.
I don't think this will happen in the future.
After all, Daslight is far cheaper than other programs that can do something like that."
quote end

I would like to hear a different statement from the Dev Team.

And I would also like to meet employees at your stand at future trade fairs who will pay attention to you if you are interested and not only, for example when asked what is coming in the new update, to quickly "show" a new function or new functions in the nine update announce that are already available in the current version. And I go even further, I don't think employees who try to show a prospective customer very simple functions and can't get it to work themselves belong there either.

I apologize for writing this here because I think Daslight is really great, I like using it and I also see great potential, but yes, unfortunately we are being let down quite a lot at the moment.
S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

Oh there's the update.
Woohoo
:) :) :)

I'm excited about the new futures
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

that's a shame. oh well,
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Thats a shame.
DL has so much potential and dont get me wrong it has great features but be forced almost to recreate a whole show only if some moving heads has changed is really a pain in the ass.

S.lellwitz wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:11 pm According to employees at "Prolight and Sound", this function will not be implemented or is not planned.

I quote the employee's statement from memory:
"Implementing this is a highly complex programming effort, I'm not a programmer, but it's very difficult.
I don't think this will happen in the future.
After all, Daslight is far cheaper than other programs that can do something like that."
quote end

I would like to hear a different statement from the Dev Team.

And I would also like to meet employees at your stand at future trade fairs who will pay attention to you if you are interested and not only, for example when asked what is coming in the new update, to quickly "show" a new function or new functions in the nine update announce that are already available in the current version. And I go even further, I don't think employees who try to show a prospective customer very simple functions and can't get it to work themselves belong there either.

I apologize for writing this here because I think Daslight is really great, I like using it and I also see great potential, but yes, unfortunately we are being let down quite a lot at the moment.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

so question for a dev: is there a solution for this that we are over looking? or what is the solution for swapping out a fixture? or why its being ignored multiple updates in a row.

also the auto position scenes do nothing at all still, am I missing something? even if it did work we cant customize it in current time

Issue from one of my users :::: why would multiple fade time sliders not be able to be mapped all at once?

Issue from one of my users :::: 3d positions on the easy view are not correct still as the degrees of rotation are not aligned with fixture profiles. Id say its a ssl issue but its every moving fixture

Issue from one of my users :::: relative fader movement does not exist especially for midi mapping, not essential but completely overlooked.

the rest can have a work around but currently there is no workaround for adding fixtures, swapping fixtures, or modifying fixtures without going to every single scene and redoing the entire show! im not just talking about a busking situation, I'm talking about if a dj has his whole show worked out but only wants to change out one fixture, add a fixture, or go from mode 3 to mode 2 on a fixture, he/she has to reprogram everything. I am not a programmer, i consider myself as a semi advanced user and as an engineer I can see a solution and would love to help. is there an email or something that i can use to get in touch with someone in charge. I feel bad for writing this and having the entire forum to read but after this 5 month wait on a "major update" that just seems to be some minor bug fixes, we found it to be a serious let down with many unanswered questions.
S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

I'm totally with you on that
DJMan32 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:59 pm so question for a dev: is there a solution for this that we are over looking? or what is the solution for swapping out a fixture? or why its being ignored multiple updates in a row.

also the auto position scenes do nothing at all still, am I missing something? even if it did work we cant customize it in current time

Issue from one of my users :::: why would multiple fade time sliders not be able to be mapped all at once?

Issue from one of my users :::: 3d positions on the easy view are not correct still as the degrees of rotation are not aligned with fixture profiles. Id say its a ssl issue but its every moving fixture

Issue from one of my users :::: relative fader movement does not exist especially for midi mapping, not essential but completely overlooked.

the rest can have a work around but currently there is no workaround for adding fixtures, swapping fixtures, or modifying fixtures without going to every single scene and redoing the entire show! im not just talking about a busking situation, I'm talking about if a dj has his whole show worked out but only wants to change out one fixture, add a fixture, or go from mode 3 to mode 2 on a fixture, he/she has to reprogram everything. I am not a programmer, i consider myself as a semi advanced user and as an engineer I can see a solution and would love to help. is there an email or something that i can use to get in touch with someone in charge. I feel bad for writing this and having the entire forum to read but after this 5 month wait on a "major update" that just seems to be some minor bug fixes, we found it to be a serious let down with many unanswered questions.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

Thank you
S.lellwitz wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:13 pm I'm totally with you on that
TheLightGuy12
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by TheLightGuy12 »

I agree with you on this, maybe the forum is not the best place to reach out to the developers. Out of everyone, we are the most important to listen to as we are not just living with the issues.

We want what is best for this company. And the most usable software possible

Unfortunately I have sold my interfaces and are now strictly using GrandMA3 but I am still active with this forum and hope for the best.
I actually enjoyed programing Daslight 5 better then MA3, I Just could not wait any longer, After MA3 2.0 came out, they added audio in timeline that can be played from console which was the final push for me. I have used Daslight 4 since my DJ days, but had to make the jump.
DJMan32 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:59 pm so question for a dev: is there a solution for this that we are over looking? or what is the solution for swapping out a fixture? or why its being ignored multiple updates in a row.