Time trigger problems - XHL error: 181

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

craigk
Operating System: Mac OS X

Time trigger problems - XHL error: 181

Post by craigk »

I'm trying to set scenes to have a time trigger in Stand Alone, with a new dvc gold device.
I keep getting the notice:

Could not write memory. Please, check your device
(XHL error: 181)
[XHL] Invalid show
invalid condition type

Also, is the time clock in the Time Trigger window ("Calendar Trigger") a 24 hour clock?
I assume so, as there are no longer AM and PM options as the Daslight 4 Time Trigger window had,
but it's not clear. It just says Time (hh:mm).
TomHat

Re: Time trigger problems - XHL error: 181

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

We're sorry you're experiencing issues using our software.
In order to help, I need a little more info. What version of Daslight 5 are you using ? (if you're not sure, a screenshot of the splashscreen could help).

Could you please send over your show file to me at [email protected] ? It could be that you're using a type of trigger that's not available on your DMX device.

Calendar triggers are indeed a 24H clock. No "AM" or "PM" suffix, if you want to trigger something at 23:00 in the evening, you need to write "23:00" - and not "11:00 PM"

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
craigk
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by craigk »

Hi Tom,

I’m using the Nov 10th release of Daslight 5 - Version 5.0.3 (23.1110.0.40), along with my new DVC Gold interface.

I’ll send a couple of show files to the email you sent me, but the thing is I’ve tried just about all the possibilities I can think of to get a scene to work with the time trigger. I’ve tried scenes that play only once, scenes that play more than once, scenes that loop, scenes that play a few times and are set to jump to the next scene, scenes that are set to jump to particular scenes, and scenes that are set not to jump to another scene (jump to ‘none’). I’ve tried scenes that are set to Release at the end as well as scenes that don’t release at the end. I figured if I could get anything to trigger at a set time I could work from there, but I can’t seem to get the time trigger to work at all no matter what I try.

It would be super helpful if you could post instructions about a time triggered scene that does work with the latest version of Daslight 5 and a the new DVC Gold interface. The posted Daslight 5 documentation and youtube videos don’t give detailed instructions on this.

Anyway, thanks-any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,

Craig
Thomas Kalt
Operating System: Windows

Post by Thomas Kalt »

Same problem here! I've programmed some static scenes for a talking tree project. The single static scenes can be written to the sd card (no time trigher is set). I've done a superscene of all the scenes mentioned before:

Cannot write the superscene to the dvc gold.
Ive tryed the following settings:

- No time trigger
- Time trigger, daily at 16 followed by a blank scene triggered at 21
- Set the loop to 10 repeats, time trigger again from 16:00

Here are some details of the show:
Duration: 30 mins
About 10 static scenes for different moods combined to a superscene. Im fading out the first one, then fading in the next scene via the dimming function in the superscene timeline.

The show starts on wednesday the 29th november and runs till the 6th of january.

I'll send my projectfile to the same adress mentioned in the post above, please help!!

Thank you very much!!

Regards Thomas
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

I have answered you both over email.
Unless I am mistaken, both of you are trying to write your shows using time triggers, but are both missing the "Clock trigger" licence on your devices.

We will keep discussing your separate situations privately if you wish to do so, but I'm going to leave here a copy of the answer I gave both of you :

This issue can appear if you're trying to write a show containing time triggers, but you haven't yet purchased the "Clock trigger" option for your device.
Because this licence is missing on your device, it doesn't accept the show you're trying to write all together. If you wish to write a show containing time triggers, you need to go on https://store.dmxsoft.com/en/my_interfaces and purchase the "CLOCK - FOR LIFE" licence.

TT.png
TT.png (253.69 KiB) Viewed 6877 times

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500