Questions: practical and pricing

The new upgradable interface. Ships with 128 channels and can be upgraded to 512 channels, FULL mode and other software via DmxSoft.com

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

RickyReject
Operating System: Windows

Post by RickyReject »

Hello,

I'm completely new to stage lighting, but have quite a few years of experience in (hobby) music production.

I'm looking for a solution to control some 3-4 light fixtures at most at any one time. Ideally, I would like to be able to either control lights directly from my DAW, or alternatively trigger scenes from my DAW.

I know you can trigger scenes in Daslight 5 from midi, so...

Question 1: could I use a "virtual midi cable" and route that internal signal from my DAW to Daslight in order to trigger scenes? If not, would an external hardware sequencer be an option - i.e. trigger the hardware sequencer from my DAW which in turn will trigger scenes in Daslight.

Question 2: Since I'm only going to control 3-4 light fixtures, will the software Daslight Express be enough? I dont mind if I have to have one project file per song. I think Express is included in the "dvc fun" package right?

Question 3: if a full version of Daslight is recommended, is the price then 179€ for the hardware, plus another $139 for the software license?

Question 4: can I install Daslight 4/5 to multiple computers?

Many thanks :)

BR, Ricky Reject
Jeremy123
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: Questions: practical and pricing

Post by Jeremy123 »

Has anybody been able to answer this?

https://doitallpowerwashing.com/
RickyReject
Operating System: Windows

Post by RickyReject »

Unfortunately no reply or answer yet. From what I've seen, they (Daslight) seem to respond to threads in this forum, so I'll wait a while longer for a reply before I email them...
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

RickyReject wrote:Question 1: could I use a "virtual midi cable" and route that internal signal from my DAW to Daslight in order to trigger scenes? If not, would an external hardware sequencer be an option - i.e. trigger the hardware sequencer from my DAW which in turn will trigger scenes in Daslight.

You should be able to use a virtual MIDI cable, as long as Daslight detects it. You can download Daslight for free and test it yourself before buying anything.

RickyReject wrote:Question 2: Since I'm only going to control 3-4 light fixtures, will the software Daslight Express be enough? I dont mind if I have to have one project file per song. I think Express is included in the "dvc fun" package right?

For this little amount of channels, you should be able to control everything with a DVC Fun in Express mode.

RickyReject wrote:Question 3: if a full version of Daslight is recommended, is the price then 179€ for the hardware, plus another $139 for the software license?

The DVC Fun (179€) already includes a Daslight4 and Daslight5 licence. No need to pay anything extra.

RickyReject wrote:Question 4: can I install Daslight 4/5 to multiple computers?

Absolutely ! The Licence is inside your Daslight DMX interface.

Thank you for your interest in our solutions. Hope this helps !

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500