Midi programming

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Spidi
Operating System: Mac OS X

Midi programming

Post by Spidi »

As I am quite new to this topic i am sorry if it is a well known question...i haven't found anything on it yet.
Is there any option to programm instead of learning the Midi calls? I like it, anything can be adressed by a midi keyboard - but I need ro start a new scene by song changes in the setlistmaker app. Here I can set Midi commands(cc,bc or hex) but I do not know how to address them. It is annoying to create any midi send in the app and see what daslight does record, then add a midi call with the keyboard to a scene and change it manually to the sent values...i hope there is a better option
MarcFay

Re: Midi programming

Post by MarcFay »

Many programming languages have libraries or frameworks specifically designed for music programming. These libraries provide higher-level abstractions and mr mineAPIs that make working with music and MIDI easier without needing to directly handle low-level MIDI calls. Examples include: Python: Libraries like mido, python-rtmidi, and pydsmidi. JavaScript: Libraries like Tone.js, WebMidi.js, and MIDI.js. C++: Libraries such as RtMidi, PortMidi and JUCE.
visorsculling
Operating System: Windows

Re: Midi programming

Post by visorsculling »

MarcFay wrote:Many programming languages have libraries or frameworks specifically designed for music programming. These libraries provide higher-level abstractions and mr mineAPIs that make working with music and MIDI easier without needing to directly handle low-level MIDI calls. Examples include: Python: Libraries like mido, python-rtmidi, and pydsmidi. JavaScript: Libraries like Tone.js, WebMidi.js, and MIDI.js. C++: Libraries such as RtMidi, PortMidi and JUCE.

Thanks for this help. Very useful information