Midicon Pro Rotary Encoders

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

ezinner1
Operating System: Windows

Midicon Pro Rotary Encoders

Post by ezinner1 »

How can I assign a fixture fader to a rotary encoder? I would like my pan, tilt and gobo rotations to be assigned to the four rotary encoders, but I cannot figure out the proper settings so they respond properly.
EmoryErnser

Re: Midicon Pro Rotary Encoders

Post by EmoryErnser »

Assigning a fixture fader to a rotary encoder typically involves mapping the rotation of the encoder to the corresponding control value of the fixture fader. The exact methodgeometry dash bloodbath for doing this may depend on the specific lighting control system or software you are using.
brooknsal123

Post by brooknsal123 »

To begin with, you must ascertain what MIDi data your "encoders" are sending you.
It's possible that these are Rotary Knobs (rather than Encoders), which would make life much simpler.
The control change value that a Rotary Knob (which functions similarly to a Slider) often provides ranges from 0 to 127 (MIDI, which QLC will translate to a DMX value between 0 and 255).
The Up and Down values will be determined by an encoder, who typically uses midi notes for this.
You will not find a Midi Mapping in the documentation because AKAI is unsupportive if you use their APCs for anything other than Ableton. bad ice cream
S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

Bei meinem X-Touch habe ich das nun über die softwar "Bome Midi Translator" gelöst.
Dort kannst du herausfinden was dein encoder sendet und es in die DASLIGHT sprache übersetzen lassen :P
MatrixLights
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by MatrixLights »

Hey,

S.lellwitz wrote:Bei meinem X-Touch habe ich das nun über die softwar "Bome Midi Translator" gelöst.
Dort kannst du herausfinden was dein encoder sendet und es in die DASLIGHT sprache übersetzen lassen :P

I don't think it's a solid solution to use third-party apps, since DL5 is a (more or less) professional software and should support such features. A further problem could be that the values have to be synced and this can involve a lot of resources of your system. I know that DL5 isn't know to be light-weighted, but still it's better to include this in the main software.

Regards,
Matrix
Answers in English or German

Mac / DL 5.0.2.1 / DVC Gold / AKAI APC Mini mk2
S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

Sicher wäre es schöner es direkt in DL zu haben, doch leider denke ich werden wir auf solche dinge lange warten können

Ich habe den X-Touch über besagt software komplett laufen.
8 Motorfader + Master mit Fesdback aus DL.
8 rotary encoder mit led anzeige (momentan alle auf 0-127, endlos encoder sind so aber auch möglich?
Die Buttons funktionieren sowieso.