Live Mode: Scenes dont work as LTP when used Faders before.

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Ody2010

Live Mode: Scenes dont work as LTP when used Faders before.

Post by Ody2010 »

Helloy guys i work in Dashlight now 2 weeks. i made an light installation in a club with 32 LED pars, 3 old Par Dimmerpacks, 20 Scanners, 4 Movingheads , 3 Lasers. We have a 48 Channel DMX in to control faders functions and some Middi INput sources to trigger scenes. Most people saying im a (more or less) intelligent person. ;) but there are still some things i didnt found out or didnt understand right. so i will post one problem after another during trying my best in learning by doing. when im in editor mode and use any fader of any function associated with DMX in : the fader stop at the position i stop the fader on the DMX input source when i move the same fader with the mouse it stops at the value i stop the mouse until i move it with the mouse or with the DMX in again: thats as i like it - latest takes priority. Now i have a problem for me in live mode and im not sure if there is an solution for i hope it is. for example i associated one of the DMX in channel to the coulour channel of all scanners. i start a scene of scanners programmed in red with gobo1! i move the dmx in fader to "blue" so all scanners work in blue - fine! then i change another dmx-in channel of controlling all gobos to "no gobo" so all scanners work blue wihtout gobo - perfect! now the problem: i start the next scene programmed with scanners green and gobo 2 - the new scene plays in blue without gobo - ALL scenes will play blue without gobo! the new activated scene dont take priority over the fader! even if i dont touch it the new started scene should take the priority until i move the faders again. if i put the fader "coulour" and "gobo" to value "0" its still the same it keeps the dmx-in value 0 overlayed on all new scenes until i restart the software! then the scenes have the old values until i move the faders from new to have the same problem. when i deselect DMX in and do it manual by mouse - in live mode i have the same problem! so what can i do? to adjust values in live mode as i like and can switch to the values back which i programmed in the scene before originally. thanks for help!
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi

Yes, we are aware that the scenes do not take priority after a DMX/MIDI change directly on the fader. This will be added in the new DVC3 software