Amending a patched fixture to have more channels

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

starchild
Operating System: Windows

Amending a patched fixture to have more channels

Post by starchild »

Hi folks.

I have a fairly comprehensive show that I used in a live environment last year which includes a set of 6 x 8 channel RGBW Par lights patched from channel 73 up to 120. This time round I want to swap these out for a set of 6 x 10 channel RGBWA+UV Par lights. Is there any way I can do this which doesn't require me to completely repatch? I guess I'm asking if it's possible to shift all the other fixtures up the patching grid to allow space for the fixtures with the increased number of channels and have all scenes automatically handle that change.

The only thing I can think of right now is to add the new fixtures to the end of the patch grid and that would mean only editing scenes which include the old Pars to have them replaced with the new Pars. However, even this would be a huge amount of work - particularly as I don't think there's an easy way to identifty all scenes which include the old Pars?
TomHat

Re: Amending a patched fixture to have more channels

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Moving fixtures one at a time on your patch grid should not lose your DMX values. However switching a fixture for another type will result in loss of DMX data for that fixture only.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500