Sync problems when using Ableton Link

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

jeppeschaumburg
Operating System: Mac OS X

Sync problems when using Ableton Link

Post by jeppeschaumburg »

Hi,
I'm using Ableton Link as my BPM source, but I have a problem that it's not being in sync consistently. It will often start in sync, but when I stop the music and play again it will sometimes be out of sync. A restart of Daslight will then help, but that's not a great solution for live performances.
Are there some best practices I should know about when using Ableton Link?

Please see my screencast of the problem here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/01hdz82e ... hkequ&dl=0
The first two minutes are in perfect sync. Then I stop Ableton and start it again, and then Daslight is out of sync.

I'm using Daslight 5 version 5.0.2.1

I really like the idea of using Ableton Link so I can have various general light scenes that can be used for various tempos, but if it's not reliable, I'll have to use absolute times for my light scenes and adjust them according to each song. But then I won't be able to use general light scenes anymore, but have to be very specific.
BeverlyRamsey
Operating System: Windows

Re: Sync problems when using Ableton Link

Post by BeverlyRamsey »

To improve synchronization with Ableton Link, you should update to the latest versions of both Ableton Live and Daslight. Make sure you have a stable network connection, set Ableton Live as a Master device, check your buffer configuration and system resources, and fix any lags if any. If problems persist, consider using dedicated hardware solutions for lighting control during live shows.
Begleiten Sie uns auf eine Entdeckungs- und Entdeckungsreise, während modded apk games for android free download durch den kostenlosen APK-Mod neue Erfahrungsdimensionen eröffnet.
jeppeschaumburg

Hi,
I will try and update Daslight and also maybe invest in an upgrade to Ableton Live 11.
I run both on the same computer, so the network connection should be stable. Ableton Live is the master device by default. My buffer configuration, system resources and any lags shouldn't be a problem. I'm using a brand new MacBook Air with 16GB RAM and 512 GB storage.
jeppeschaumburg

Update:
I just tried using Ableton Link with the app Note (by Ableton) on an iPad synced to my instance of Ableton Live on my MacBook Air. It worked perfectly fine. I tried various settings and various forms of playback and it worked as expected every time.
I also checked that I have the latest version of Daslight 5, so I think it must be Daslight 5 that currently doesn't support Ableton Link in a reliable way.
Raphael_Nicolaudie

Post by Raphael_Nicolaudie »

Hello,
Your problem has been taken into account.
We are going to investigate about it and let you know quickly about it.
Yours sincerely
Raphael
Daslight Support
kristenblue

Post by kristenblue »

BeverlyRamsey wrote:To improve synchronization with Ableton Link, you should update to the latest versions of both Ableton Live and Daslight. Make sure you have a stable network connection, set Ableton Live as a Master device, check your buffer configuration and system resources, and fix any lags if anygeometry dash lite. If problems persist, consider using dedicated hardware solutions for lighting control during live shows.
I have done as per your instructions. Perhaps this error requires using the correct method. Difficult to fix quickly.
ulnaoperating

Post by ulnaoperating »

jeppeschaumburg wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:55 am Hi,
I'm using Ableton Link as my BPM source, but I have a problem that it's not being in sync consistently. It will often start in sync, but when I stop the music and play again it will sometimes be out of sync. A restart of Daslight will then help, but that's not a great solution for live performances.

Please see my screencast of the problem here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/01hdz82e ... hkequ&dl=0 geometry dash
The first two minutes are in perfect sync. Then I stop Ableton and start it again, and then Daslight is out of sync.

I really like the idea of using Ableton Link so I can have various general light scenes that can be used for various tempos, but if it's not reliable, I'll have to use absolute times for my light scenes and adjust them according to each song. But then I won't be able to use general light scenes anymore, but have to be very specific.
For better Ableton Link synchronization, update Ableton Live and Daslight. Ensure your network connection is stable, add Ableton Live as a Master device, check buffer settings and system resources, and try again if you're encountering lags. If troubles persist, consider live show lighting control hardware.
annata20

Post by annata20 »

ulnaoperating wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:13 am
jeppeschaumburg wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:55 am Hi,

Please see my screencast of the problem here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/01hdz82e ... hkequ&dl=0 Palworld Breeding Calculator

For better Ableton Link synchronization, update Ableton Live and Daslight. Ensure your network connection is stable, add Ableton Live as a Master device, check buffer settings and system resources, and try again if you're encountering lags. If troubles persist, consider live show lighting control hardware.
I tried these, it worked, many thanks
bekean

Post by bekean »

Ensure that you are using the latest version of both Ableton Link and Daslight 5. Check for updates and install any available patches or fixes.
drift hunters