New / Old feature request.

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

New / Old feature request.

Post by Richard CSL »

Development team is it possible to create a simple "Go" button. or in DVC2 case sort out the live screen "Next" function.

the current problem with "Next" is that it jumps around all over the various groups.

the other problem is that it ignores scene button commands, so a simple bypass scenes option would solve this.

The reason I am requesting this is that at the moment I do all the programming, and operating, I would like to be able to hand over the operating to the sound guy. but a simple press "go" button on cue would make everyones life simpler. obviously the go button would have to be assignable to say the space bar or arrow keys.

This is a feature you are going to be developing anyway for DVC3, so could we please have this now, as it should always have been part of DVC2 anyway.!!

regards Richard. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Is it possible to have a keyboard shortcut without having to use the <CTRL> button as this would not work well as a go feature.

Also a multi scene start function, because if you have 6 different types of lights, you program a different scenes for the start of a song for all types of light seperately, but you want them all to start at the same time.

At the
moment I use keyboard shortcuts, but this would not work with a "GO" function (NEXT). So some method of multiscene activation would be handy.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

And there is still the current problem of the "Next " function having problems with the GROUP boundaries?????
mikeD

Post by mikeD »

Richard CSL wrote:At the
moment I use keyboard shortcuts, but this would not work with a "GO" function (NEXT). So some method of multiscene activation would be handy.

Hey Richard,

Have you tried out DVS? This is a virtual operating screen in Daslight that allows to you create buttons that can start and stop multiple scenes at the same time. I do all the programming and then let volunteers take over after I have programmed the buttons, this works great for that.

It needs some improvements in ease of use, but I believe (hope) they are working on that for DVC3.

For now, pull that screen up (the little computer monitor on the top toolbar) and right click anywhere on the screen which should be white when you open it for the first time. This will give you the options to start creating buttons.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

yes I looked at DVS when it first came out, but I don't think it has a"next" button or "go" function. So would not serve my purpose.

and it is horribly unstable, I have hundresd of scene buttons and if you make any kind of size or colour editing they all seemed to end up in one corner.

It always needed an add "all" scenes function , then just remove the ones you don't ewant visible to the operator. But to add hundreds could take forever.?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

The next function has been re-written, so play with this when the beta is out and see if we need to make changes.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Downloaded the 7/7/2011 beta version. Tested the next function, exactly the same group problem and the only keyboard shortcut is with the control button not a single assignable key.

also this latest version is unstable and crashes with a windows message after a few operations of the next button.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I mean DVC3 beta when it's out. We haven't changing anything in the DVC2 prev/next.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Please Simon can we not have this corrected in DVC2, as I will have to change all my interfaces to use DVC3, and you know I am an avid supporter of the software.

And this would allow me to let the sound guy do the lights, then I would not have to be there night after night, next time when the show starts again.

so when can I preview the new software, rip it to pieces, and advise you how to sort it out????