Great Software if not for these issues & bugs

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DJMan32
Operating System: Windows

Re: Great Software if not for these issues & bugs

Post by DJMan32 »

403416261_1374665749818097_9056737987605446402_n.jpg
403416261_1374665749818097_9056737987605446402_n.jpg (9.09 KiB) Viewed 7307 times
joeywatt
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by joeywatt »

This is great insight for my event this coming sunday using my DMX2 and Daslight. Thanks. certified personal trainer
OliviaLorelei

Post by OliviaLorelei »

Absolutely, your point is quite valid. While software manuals provide valuable information, users often first turn to more accessible sources for hardware-related queries. Consider incorporating clear hardware-related FAQs or guides in user-friendly formats, ensuring users can easily find the information they need. A well-designed and easily navigable knowledge base or FAQ section on your platform could serve as a go-to resource for users seeking hardware-related information. This way, you provide a seamless and efficient user experience.
heylesly

Post by heylesly »

I've taken note of your observations and suggestions, and I agree that addressing these issues could significantly enhance the user experience and make Daslight 5 even more competitive in the market.

It's encouraging to see users like you actively contributing to the improvement of the software. I'm sure the Daslight team will appreciate your feedback and take it into consideration as they continue to develop and refine Daslight 5.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.
richardc1983

Post by richardc1983 »

Raphael_Nicolaudie wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:59 am Thank you for this detailed list of issues.
All these problems have been taken into account and will be discussed for the next major release.
Yours sincerely
Next major update? Do you mean Daslight 6? It would be unfair to correct issues in Daslight 5 then bring a new version out and have the cheek to charge people for the polished version... that's what a lot of people felt with Daslight 4.

Also... the colours on the forum are impossible to see....when replying to comments the dark grey text on a black background is difficult to see. Much prefer the previous colour scheme.

Mods on this forum are not responding, no release since Nov 2023 for issues... really regret investing yet again in this software you fail to support.
Last edited by richardc1983 on Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Raphael_Nicolaudie

Post by Raphael_Nicolaudie »

Hello,
First of all, I agree about the forum colors, it is hard to see the typed text, I informed the web team about it.
Concerning the updates, a version 5.0.4 will be released within the month of March.
It adds some new features and fixes several bugs. The change log will be explained at that time.
Even if there are not always quick answers from the dev team, note that we read in details the bugs and improvement suggestions listed in the forum and we thank you for that.
Daslight Support
S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

danke für diese Antwort.

Endlich mal ein zeitraum für ein Update.
Danke dafür
S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

A new game recently came onto the market that costs around 50 euros.
The Dec team for this game posts a short post every Friday on their forum in which they give information about what is currently being worked on, when you can expect updates, what may be coming in the future, etc...

I would like something like that to be available from the Dev Team, a software that many people spend several hundred euros on.

I think that this could help many people here in the forum and that there are some posts that would no longer have been written.

Despite everything, I would also like to leave something positive and report that, despite detours, tinkering and a few compromises, I successfully ran a carnival campaign with 5 events, time codes, recordings, etc., with Daslight.

best regards
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

This is the first time we had a relative date at all about the next release or any work done by the development team at all on the next update.
S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

Hello,
Is there any news when update 5.0.4 will be released?

Best regards
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Must be this week :shock:
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

We can hope! really hoping some major features are added,
prosimon

Post by prosimon »

Hi! Your feedback is incredibly valuable for the improvement of Daslight 5. I'd recommend posting your suggestions directly on their forum or contacting their support team. They're usually quite receptive to user feedback and may already have plans to address some of the issues you've mentioned. Your input can help shape the future development of the software and ensure a better experience for all users. Keep up the great work in advocating for improvements :)