Daslight & Midicon 2

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

LXtech92
Operating System: Mac OS X

Daslight & Midicon 2

Post by LXtech92 »

Hi, I've been looking at purchasing a Midicon 2 to control Daslight, from what I have found, the encoder wheels cannot be used. How compatible is this software with midicon? Appart from the encoders, does everything else work ok? paging for faders and matrix etc??

Or are there any alternatives to Midicon 2 that would work better?
beathousepro
Operating System: Windows

Re: Daslight & Midicon 2

Post by beathousepro »

Can you post the information you've found on the Encoder Wheels? I'd be interested in this as well. I've just been using the behringer bcf2000 but I'm ready for an upgrade.
I think I'd lean to the MIDICON Pro just to have the motorized faders like I've grown accustom to with the BCF2000. But still curious about the Encoder Wheels on that.
julianleker

Post by julianleker »

Have you tried this plugin?

https://showcockpit.com/site/home/

I have both Daslight4 and the Midicon 2 . I have the same problem hopefully we get an update soon where this will work.

I was thinking about trying the Show Cockpit plugin..

Let me know if you get around that..

/J
LXtech92

Post by LXtech92 »

julianleker wrote:Have you tried this plugin?

https://showcockpit.com/site/home/

I have both Daslight4 and the Midicon 2 . I have the same problem hopefully we get an update soon where this will work.

I was thinking about trying the Show Cockpit plugin..

Let me know if you get around that..

/J

I don’t have a Midicon at the moment so I couldn’t try it!
Are you able to use the different pages on the midicon? From what I have read previously, when you change to page 2 and so on, the faders still act as the ones on page 1?

This showcockpit does look like it could work around it! It would be interesting to know how it goes if you do try it!!

Seems like a waste of money on a Midicon if it cant be used to its potential with Daslight?

Rgds C
LXtech92

Post by LXtech92 »

beathousepro wrote:Can you post the information you've found on the Encoder Wheels? I'd be interested in this as well. I've just been using the behringer bcf2000 but I'm ready for an upgrade.
I think I'd lean to the MIDICON Pro just to have the motorized faders like I've grown accustom to with the BCF2000. But still curious about the Encoder Wheels on that.

I can’t seem to find it at the moment on my phone, but if you search midicon within the daslight forum you should be able to find the thread! :/

Rgds C
Lu3c

Post by Lu3c »

Heyyy Guys

Do you have any solution now? I have the same problem, and it would be nice the wheels would work....

Silentbob1970

Post by Silentbob1970 »

It works, you have to change the settings of the Midicon with the "midicon2 mapper" - Enable the "emulate fader" tap for the wheels. In DL4 go to the "palette" tab and assign the wheels to X and Y. Thats the only way to get the wheels to work in DL4 - I figured out so far.
Silentbob1970

Post by Silentbob1970 »

Only Problem is that all fixtures react to the Wheels, assigned to Palette tab. Only other way, activate "input affects only selected fixtures" under "options" tab. But this results in not be able to use the Midicon for Busking ;)
LinusHoja

Post by LinusHoja »

Silentbob1970 wrote:It works, you have to change the settings of the Midicon with the "midicon2 mapper" - Enable the "emulate fader" tap for the wheels. In DL4 go to the "palette" tab and assign the wheels to X and Y. Thats the only way to get the wheels to work in DL4 - I figured out so far.

How do you get the Midicon2 Mapper? I just got my midicon and I haven't got the software with it and can't find any download page or something.

Kind regards
Linus
Silentbob1970

Post by Silentbob1970 »

Sorry..read your Post too late ;)

Download the Midicon2 Mapper at:
https://www.americandj.eu/de/midicon-2.html
(under "downloads" tab...)

so you don´t need to use Showcockpit so far.
Best wishes - and keep your self safe and healthy.
lelemari77

Post by lelemari77 »

i have set the "emulate fader"... bu doesn't work!!! :roll:
some one can help me??