3d sim not remembering my set up?

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

robwraight

3d sim not remembering my set up?

Post by robwraight »

Hello all. I have set up my virtual disco on 3d visualiser which is (was) fine. I do save it everytime I make a change. so far no probs.

I have been asked to do a lightshow for a gig using their lights (not mine)and I got to work setting up a new show with new fixtures and new programs. When I went to put my original lightshow back on all of my lights have lost there positions and I cant get them back even though I saved the settings (several times)?

Is this something ive done or is there a software issue. How do i get my show back and how can I save this other light show so it remembers where i put the lights when I swap between shows?

Kind regards
Rob
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hey Rob

At the moment, the 3D visualiser takes a unique ID from the fixtures you ahve imported into daslight. You start a new daslight show and re-patch the fixtures, the unique ID is lost, even if you are using the same fixtures at the same addresses.

If you want to keep your fixture positions between different Daslight shows, the best thing to do would be to ptch the fixtures manually inside the visualiser instead of automatically getting the patch from DVC2.

You then just need to remember to click "no" when you get a message saying "the patch has changed, click here to update" or "do you want to go to auto patch".