How to make a video?

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

smokeAndMirrors

How to make a video?

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

Duh, being dumb here, but how do I record a video of my simulated show?
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
Andre

Re: How to make a video?

Post by Andre »

smokeAndMirrors wrote:Duh, being dumb here, but how do I record a video of my simulated show?

Hello mate, hows you doing :)

OK, here is what you have to do.

Start DVC2 load your show, start the 3D Visualiser.
When the 3D Visualiser has started you need to turn on "FULL MODE". "ECO MODE" is the default !!!!!!. To do this you need to hold down the Right Ctrl + Right Alt + Right Shift and then use the mouse to open the "?" menu (top right of the visualiser) and then select "About" from the menu that appears. Done.

Now postion the view to you stage how you want it and when ready you can then select the "Camera" tab and then the "Movie Recorder" button. When the Moview Recorder has opened click the "Video" tab, click the "browse" button next to the "Destination file" input box, find some here to save it and give it a name. It uses the Windows "Open" dialogue even though the file does not exist yet. Go figure. Select the "OK" button.
Now you are ready to record.
So you can press the 2nd button down to start recording, do your stuff to run your show. When done, press the stop button (3rd one down) A dialogue will appear to confirm you want to stop recording. You can now view what you have done by pressing the Play button (guess which one that is !!!!).

I think the "Movie recorder" tab is for stringing alot of these videos together as you can assign multiple cameras and set time for each part. You do not get the buttons active until at least 2 cameras are added. I have not played with that part very much.

Oh nearly forgot move any dialogue boxes out of the way of the view otherwise it records that aswell.

Hope it helps,
Andre
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

Cheers Andre!

I'm good. Just starting a new project with a band, The Eden House. Several of them are from one of my fave bands ever, The Fields of the Nephilim (80s gothic rock). The guitarist Andy Jackson used to do the FOH sound for Pink Floyd!
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
k__x

Post by k__x »

hi
now i cnat mek the FULL MODE, i press the ALT+CTRL+SHIFT and it dont do nothing.... =(

what can be??

i instaled a few days ago the Freestyle DMX with teh Magic 3D EasyView, can it be the problem?

thanks
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

The full mode is disabled unless you have a Daslight gold interface connected.

That shortcut was for developers to test the full mode features, now that users know this, it has been removed.