DASLIGHT CRASHING - YES! My (KISS) solution

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

schneider007
Operating System: Mac OS X

DASLIGHT CRASHING - YES! My (KISS) solution

Post by schneider007 »

I was angry the last days about relying on this software, inspite of the great ideas behind, but, at least for this moment, and hopefully not for ever, a poor realization for Mac, after working on 10 groups, several scenes per group, I encountered CRASHING (after deleting, saving), strange problems on simple procedures (like fading was gone after the 8th group) and many other illnesses for this release candidate…

After encountering more problems, the file was bigger, i tried the following KISS solution (KISS = Keep it simple and stupid):

Removed the program with the maintenance tool completely from the pc, then installed it again, opened the file: every single problem seems now gone. I don't know why this is happening, but it helps, the problems encountered 5 min. ago are gone... You should save your file first, make copies.

So I suppose the structure of the program code has problems with managing the RAM, the CPU, or corruption on supporting, internal files, it seems to save bad state, no refresh, after the while, it seems like "Windows 98", the longer you use it, the worse it gets - so then you had to reinstall Windows. It seems the same thing…

I wanted to share this with you, maybe this provides you some sleepless nights before programming a show :wink:
LJMarc

Re: DASLIGHT CRASHING - YES! My (KISS) solution

Post by LJMarc »

I also mentioned that sometimes the file doesnt get saved well. So I also make many copies. @Daslight Developer: Why does that sometimes work and sometimes not work?