Fixture Request/Fade Times!!

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

djc007

Fixture Request/Fade Times!!

Post by djc007 »

Hello.
After painstaking hours spent trying to learn the Stand Alone mode I can now safely say I am OK with this. The next questions I have are about the fixture requests and Fade Times.
How is is possible to When you go to the Live page to run your show that when you click on one preset and then another that the first preset automatically switches off. EG Swop mode? Is there such a thing?
Also does anyone have the fixture file for a Robe Colorspot 2500EAT ?
Thanks in advance,
Dan
Andre

Re: Fixture Request/Fade Times!!

Post by Andre »

djc007 wrote:Hello.
After painstaking hours spent trying to learn the Stand Alone mode I can now safely say I am OK with this. The next questions I have are about the fixture requests and Fade Times.
How is is possible to When you go to the Live page to run your show that when you click on one preset and then another that the first preset automatically switches off. EG Swop mode? Is there such a thing?
Also does anyone have the fixture file for a Robe Colorspot 2500EAT ?
Thanks in advance,
Dan

Hi Dan,

In the Editor screen, you will see a column called "Release", in here for each scene you create you can either set it to "Off", "Group" or "General".
"Off" - This will not release anything when the scene is started.
"Group" - This will release other active scenes in the same group when the scene is started.
"General" - This will release all active scenes when the scene is started.

The question about the "Live page" should have gone in the "Virtual Controller 2" forum.

I am sure you can have a look at in the scanlibray when you add your fixtures you will find the Robe Colorspot 2500 EAT, I have the 3 modes in my scanlibrary. :shock:
The question about the fixture for the Robe should go in the "Scanlibrary" forum.

Where is the question about "Fade Time"?

Putting them in the right place is more likely to get you a better response. :D

I hope that helps with that part of your question
Andre
djc007

Post by djc007 »

Thanks Andre.
It is a shame that end users actually could write a better manual than is online on the Daslight website.

The question about fade times (as I was writing this trying to remember my questions :) ) was that in the live page when you right click and click properties theres a "fade" tick box" what does this actually do?

One other question is. Say i've programmed a scene with my movers etc. stored the cue and now want to start from fresh on a new cue by clicking "add scene" Fine up to now but now imagine I click and highlight the wrong set of lights and turn them off again and select the right ones. It now saves that information I don't want to save from the wrongly selected moving lights. - Any way of telling it to ignore a fixture when programming?
May be simple but I'm still learning.
Thanks again!
Andre

Post by Andre »

djc007 wrote:Thanks Andre.
It is a shame that end users actually could write a better manual than is online on the Daslight website.

The question about fade times (as I was writing this trying to remember my questions :) ) was that in the live page when you right click and click properties theres a "fade" tick box" what does this actually do?

One other question is. Say i've programmed a scene with my movers etc. stored the cue and now want to start from fresh on a new cue by clicking "add scene" Fine up to now but now imagine I click and highlight the wrong set of lights and turn them off again and select the right ones. It now saves that information I don't want to save from the wrongly selected moving lights. - Any way of telling it to ignore a fixture when programming?
May be simple but I'm still learning.
Thanks again!

I am afraid you just have to be careful with the fixture selection. If you do actually program some steps with the wrong fixtures just set all the steps to zero for those fixtures and set the right values for the right fixtures. If a value is a zero it is ignored, well what it actually means is no change. This is why when doing colour chases in a scene using RGB colour mixing you have to set the values to 1 rather than zero to get "off" effect for that channel.

That is nothing unique with Daslight, I think nearly all dmx software works like that.
EDIT: It is called tracking. The software or desk will only send signals that have changed from step to step. So if zero means no change then that is what it does "No Change". As mentioned below it will work if calling a new scene. i.e. a Blackout would have all dimmers set to zero.
This is the reason that shutter close etc in the fixture library are always non zero values even if the fixture can use zero to close the shutter etc.

If you run a new scene then any "zeros" in that will take affect over the previous scene if they use the same fixtures. This is how I do a "blackout" I have a scene that sets all shutters off, dimmers to zero, default positions for scanners and moving heads etc. and set the "Release" to "General" so it turns off all running scenes. I have that a scene, keyboard shortcut and an "effect".

I still would like a proper "Blackout" button as you will find on nearly every other piece of software along with a "Master Fader". Oh well we can live in hope.

I hope that makes sense.
Andre