Bug Report - Fade Times and ERA Master Dimmer

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

mikeD

Bug Report - Fade Times and ERA Master Dimmer

Post by mikeD »

I have two bugs to report.

First of all, fade timers:
- In DVC 2 fade timers were built into the scene and made smooth transitions.
- In DVC 3, the scene fade up and fade down options are awesome, but moving heads are not moving from position A --> B smoothly, almost as if they are losing and regaining connection to the server. This happens with every scene.
- Lowering the fade time helps, but not always. The lights still stutter from one point to the next until you speed your fade time to under 2 secs. Using 4 sec fades consistently isn't working well for me.

Bug 2, ERA Master Dimmer:
- Attempted to make fader with command GLOBAL>MASTERDIMMER
- Command Prompt gives error: "The parameter is incorrect."

Thanks.
mikeD

Post by mikeD »

It seems like the ERA Master Dimmer is working, even though it gives an error message.

Still maybe something to look into.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

DVC3 works at 25FPS like DVC2, therefore you lights should not stutter. Check that the 16 bit pan and tilt channels are set correctly in the profile
mikeD

Post by mikeD »

I am still having this problem. There have been times where the problem simply disappears after all kinds of messing around with parameters, but there has not been one proven solution. The fixture profile is set correctly.

This only seems to happen with High End Studio series lights (specifically the Spot 250 and Color S models).
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

have you tried looking in the general tab with allow the moving slide option to on, and see what the actual output is doing?

this will tell you if it is the software or not. It sounds like this may be a fault in the fixture?

also try unpatching the fixture (dont save, auto save off) and just moving the sliders for the chanel up and down to see if the chanel is working properly.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Sanman

Same thing.

Post by Sanman »

I also have this problem with some of my moving heads I use... It kind of jumps on some part, when I try to slow the movement down. The fixtures that do it is 8 bit I checked.
mikeD

Post by mikeD »

I took a look at the output with moving fader on. The output on the X and Y faders is moving accurately to what I see happening. The fixtures jump to the next value as the fader does. In DVC2, I noticed that 16-bit would automatically take over to create smooth fades. It does not do that in this version (Dec 23). It has worked fine with past betas. Seems to change with each patch.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Is this an effect created manually or with the FX generator?
Are the micro Pan and Tilt channels set to ON?
mikeD

Post by mikeD »

It seems to be only on manually created scenes and only on the initial fade time I believe. I can tell you that singling out a fixture on an old DVC scene (in DVC 2 with moving fader enabled for example), the 16-bit channel would automatically compensate to create a smooth fade.

In the latest release, I have the 16-bit feature selected on all fixtures for Pan and Tilt. When I single a fixture out, the 16-bit is not compensating. It remains at 0 while the 8-bit slowly moves.

With scenes in the FX generator, everything seems to work fine, movements are smooth from point to point. I have noticed that when a dimmer channel is set to 255 on any fixture in FX generator, it is turned off. Just a little FYI. This only seems to happen in FX generator.
mikeD

Post by mikeD »

Any word on this bug? I am using 4 High End Systems Studio Spot 250's, they are assigned and patched correctly, all in 16-bit mode.

When I fade from one scene to the next, if the lights are moving a short distance on either the X or Y Axis, they will stutter to the next position. Why is the 16-bit not compensating to make smooth transitions? This is becoming a really frustrating issue!