DMX input problem with scenes.

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Sanman

DMX input problem with scenes.

Post by Sanman »

I have scenes for some leds and everytime I change scenes for my leds my par 64s turn of. I use DMX input for my par 64s. So I cant use DMX input at all. I have tried nearly everything that comes in my mind to make input work correctly but cant make it work... Anyone else have same problems?
Sanman

Post by Sanman »

It seems that if I change any fixture to same dmx channels the scenes for leds will turn them of. I realised the problem occurs, if I have had PAR 64 or any other fixtures selected while on editor mode and clicked on the scenes for leds. Only way to undo is to delete thous fixtures and going out of the program and starting it again. after this add the fixtures back and NOT going to editor mode. Otherwise the problem comes back. So I need to do my LED scenes to ready before adding any other fixture what I want to use on DMX mode. Some times also needs to change dmx channels.

So fustrating... Hope this problem could be fixxed soon?? Didnt check will this occur with midi or not.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

If a channel value has been set before assign the DMX value, the channel value will override the DMX value if the scene is activated.

If you do not want the scene to do anything to the channel when it is activated, make sure that the mode is set to OFF before assigning DMX.

If you still cannot get this to work, send me your show and I'll take a look.