custom pallets or custom blade

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

damosound

custom pallets or custom blade

Post by damosound »

hi!
i want to ask, if with the new software daslight 3, will be create any custom blade or palletes on the fixtures.
will be possible??
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi

What's a 'custom blade'?

Palettes will not be implemented into DVC3, however the ability to merge scenes will be eventually. You could create a group of scenes and call it 'Palettes'. In this group you can create scenes for different colors and positions and then when you want to update a scene you just need to merge it.
damosound

custom blade

Post by damosound »

In most professional lighting console, using the called "palettes" or "blade".
or you can save particular configurations of the projector, such as pan and tilt, color, gobo.
I try to explain.
For example, if I'm doing the lights for a tour, I I program the scenes with the pointing of the drummer. I use the same pointing to different scenes.
Now, if in a drummer change of position, with das light, I have to update all the scenes containing the old with the new pointing.

while with other consoles, one can create a palettes (or blade), with the position of the drummer.
with the blade, I create the different scenes.
if the position of puntamneto changes, I just have to change the blade, and automatically, the software updates all the scenes that had used the blade,with the new pointing .... and not have to manually update all positions in all the scenes .....
this can be done with any attribute of the fixture, colored gobos, etc. ...
and is very comfortable .... and is a limit for very large for das light, do not have this option!!
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

If you need this kind of functionality you should take a look at Sunlite Suite 2 which fully supports palettes for any channel.

Palettes are a bit complicated for DVC.