Synchronization Bug

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Zocker223
Operating System: Windows

Synchronization Bug

Post by Zocker223 »

So in Daslight 4 there is an issue with synchronisation. When I put e.g. hold time 5m00s00 in it's not exactly changing at that point. I tested this by using a music track in a scene. However, if I do exactly the same in DVC3 it works perfectly.

Any solutions for that?
Benno

Re: Synchronization Bug

Post by Benno »

Hi Zocker223,

Hope you are good. That's strange as we did have a bug with the timing being off which was fixed and tested in a previous Beta. Please can you send me over your showfile and details of which scenes/timings are off and by how much? I can then run some tests here in the office. Cheers
Benno
--
Product Support
Neograph734
Operating System: Windows

Post by Neograph734 »

I noticed something that might be related to this.

We tried to make our scanners strobe on the BPM. This is quite hard when using the built in scanner strobe feature. So we created a custom program with two steps. One for shutter open, and one for shutter closed. Then in live mode right clicked the program and chose "Step on BPM". This should open and close the shutter every other beat. (Right?)

In the on-screen preview this worked very good, however the real scanner behaved 'strange'.
The shutter appeared to be opening with a random delay, sometimes exactly on the beat, sometimes a little later, sometimes noticeably later. The duration of the 'flash' (the start of the second step) also was inconsistent.

Increasing the time signature to 1/2 beats or faster really messed this up and the shutter would not even open on some halve beats.
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi Neograph734, this sounds strange, possibly it could be a problem with the fixture setup. If it's working in the software in theory it should be working in real life. Might be an idea to check your setup again to make sure everything matches up. Kind regards.
Benno
--
Product Support