DMX In

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Jurwijn

DMX In

Post by Jurwijn »

Hello,

I have a problem with the DMX-In function.
It doesn't work with the latest version of DVC3.

But when I start the Hardware Manager, then it's working. (on Universe 2)
And when I install DVC2, ist also working.

I Have Windows 8.1 (with Touchscreen)
And installed the latest software (11 apr '14)
And my Device has the latest firmware DVC3 512, siudi8c, 1.08

On my old PC, with Vista, it wasn't working too with the latest software.
Here I had installed an very old-version of dvc3 from 27-07-'12, here it's works OK. Excuses for my late question.

I hope you can fix this, because I use 48 dmx-in channels ;-)
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi There

Thanks for reporting this bug. This only seems to happen with a small number of DVC3 512 interfaces sold at the beginning of DVC3. We've made a correction and you can download a hotfix here:
www.daslight.com/downloads/files/temp/DVC3.exe

Extract the exe to your DVC3 directory overwriting the original.
Jurwijn

Post by Jurwijn »

It works, Thanks!
Mariusb95

Post by Mariusb95 »

Hi,

I used DVC2 Gold in school for a long time. Now we switched to DVC3 Gold and I have a similar Problem.
At Output 1, I can't change anything, just the Universe. So I selected Output 1 and Universe 1.
At the other point, I have the choice between Output 2 and Input 2. I selected Input 2 and Universe 1.
But now my lamps become no signal and DMX in doesn't work, too. I have to choose Output 2 to control the lamps. Also this fix didn't help me.

My aim is to control some channels via DMX In with a console. With DVC2 Gold it work perfectly. There I configurated it with Ouput 1 Universe 1 and Input 1 Universe 1.
But this isn't possible at the new version
Jurwijn

Post by Jurwijn »

I have:

Tools/Interface:
Dmx out: universe 1
Dmx in: universe 2

&

Options:
DMX in: ON
Nordevents

Post by Nordevents »

Hello,

we have the same problem, but the exe doesn't solve the problem.

We have DVC3 GZM with the latest version of Daslight 3 and the latest firmware, but we have the problem that the software doesn't get a DMX In signal. With the Hardware Manager everything is working perfectly.
bubbagump

Post by bubbagump »

I am experiencing a similar problem. An external DMX console is hooked up to the input of a DVC3 Gold FW 1.09, but neither the hardware manager nor the controller software is seeing any DMX input.

What is really puzzling me is the following setup in the controller application under interface manager:

The device is shown s "2 Out- 1 In".
Output 1 is not changeable
Output 2 can be changed to "Input 2", but as soon as I do so, I lose all "normal" DMX output that is being fed by the female DMX port on the DVC3.
So I recon that "output2/input 2" is actually referring to the female connector, whereas "output 1" is feeding the male connector - which seems to be wrong. Shouldn't that be switched?

Any suggestions? I am considering returning the interface to the store due to this flaw.

Thanks
BG
Mariusb95

Post by Mariusb95 »

exactly the same problem as bubbagump. No solution yet. Is it possible that the Interface is defect?
bubbagump

Post by bubbagump »

Is there anyone able to help?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Seems like several different problems here. Download the latest software and firmware, be sure the correct DMX input universe is selected in the settings. If there's still a problem, send me an e-mail