Not Impressed....

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

djc007

Not Impressed....

Post by djc007 »

my faith in this product has seriously gone down since I emailed the website support page and still no response from them detailing how to run the stand alone feature. (see other post by me) We have bulk ordered 10 of these units but I will be returning them If this isn't looked at..
Not impressed!
salanimi

Re: Not Impressed....

Post by salanimi »

djc007 wrote:my faith in this product has seriously gone down since I emailed the website support page and still no response from them detailing how to run the stand alone feature. (see other post by me) We have bulk ordered 10 of these units but I will be returning them If this isn't looked at..
Not impressed!

You mean uploading scenes to device and triggering them from the buttons on top of device? You do it with dvc2. First create scenes and next go Tools -> Stand Alone then you can upload scenes in device. You must have external powersuply connected because it starts to work only without usb-connection.
djc007

Post by djc007 »

Thanks for the help. I realise this. I think i've just highlighted a problem with Daslight service that the makers or owners can't respond to my comment and it has been over a month. Thanks goes out to all those people who tried to help however I still have no solution for it, 4 daslights and one very un-happy customer!
Ryger1

stand alone with scheduler

Post by Ryger1 »

Leave it with me and I'll see what I can find out. I have tried most things with the DVC2 but not this one yet.

Stick with it - these really are superb controllers, best on the market for the money & Vianney does try to get things sorted. Sometimes it takes a while though - one pair of hands & all that.

Ade at Ryger
DMX Made Easy
Ryger1

Post by Ryger1 »

Hi

Sussed it out. It works perfectly. Took all of 5 minutes.

A DVC2 Gold always starts up in standalone mode with Program 1 active, this is a default situation - it is the same as on the Ryger USB Footlight. This will appear to override what seems to be scheduled times but really it is just running it's startup default.

Therefore make this a blackout & nothing will happen until the clock hits the time for your sceduled scene to trigger. OR have a blackout somewhere on the uploads and thumb through the programs until you find it, then it will stay on this until the scheduler instructs otherwise.

Also with a blackout assigned as one of your standalone scenes you can tell the controller to 'turn off' at a desired time.
DMX Made Easy
Andre

Post by Andre »

Thanks Ade, good job in finding out how that all works.
Andre
djc007

Post by djc007 »

Thanks very much for that, have tried it and working alright at the min. D