Last version very slow???

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

nijst001

Last version very slow???

Post by nijst001 »

Hi!
I'm using the latest version of the V3D Sim 20-7-2012 with a windows vista 1.8Ghz 32bit system, but if i run a simple show with just 8 movingheads, the 3d sim is very slow. My processor is not working at full speed... Please hurry because i want to program a light show for the DVC3 contest!!!!
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

we'll have a look into this. for now you could turn off advanced rendering
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

I turned it off, but now the beam angles doesn't match anymore with zoom function...
ClayMcLean

Post by ClayMcLean »

Yup, this very issue forced me to quit the contest and I was (and still am) running a Intel Core i7 2.2GHZ with 12GB Ram [upgradable to 16 but I have not bothered yet] and Mobile Intel HD Graphics, also rocking a wicked 3D adapter [limited only by the included software] and "Beats Audio" which sucks and has nothing to do with this post... it still was not impressive...

anyway I hope someone got to build a wicked show. I have since stopped using the program and will not use it until such time as it works correctly without headache.... really disappointing.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I used the latest DVC3 version to judge the show on a Macbook pro with a mid spec graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB graphics). The 3D ran without problems and I'll be posting a video of the winner this week. You must have a good quality graphics card to run the advanced rendering.