Simulator Not Updating Gobo's

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

rettkek

Simulator Not Updating Gobo's

Post by rettkek »

I have been running software with QSpot 150's and the simulator will not update the gobo's. It will change colors and Strobe, but not the gobo's. Is it something I am doing, or a problem in the program on my computer. Mush help needed !!! I am new to the program only been running it for 8 months. :?:
djwilson

Post by djwilson »

i have this problem as well since i updated the software.

its just a coloured circle, i think it is the eco mode at the bottom of the 3d software i need 2 change it 2 demo mode but i cant seem to be able to do that, so ive been emailing people on youtube etc who have this software for help.
Needs 3d help
Andre

Post by Andre »

I cannot find a Q-Spot 150 fixture, the nearest I can find is the Chauvet Q-Spot 152. In that it only has the gobos defined as open then gobo 1, gobo 2, gobo 3 and so on, they do change but as it's only a number that changes maybe you just do not notice it.

Not every fixture has properly defined gobos, I have asked about how to create them but never got a reply.

As long as it works properly on the real fixture live then that is the most important part.

Personally I think the Daslight product with it's 3D Visualiser is very good value for money. Have a look how much other systems cost and with them you do not get a visualiser. To by one for them costs thousands of pounds for WYSIWYG or Capture, if they are supported.
Andre
djwilson

Post by djwilson »

i downloaded the latest version which doesnt show the GOBOS on any lights. But on an older version of DVC2/3D it did for examples it showed thr GOBOS on the dynamos but not any more. Why is this?

I need to see the GOBOS on 3D because for part of my work exp. project i need to do a light show for a TV program but cannot see it in live action until i go 2 the TV studios. when i only have 10minutes to edit which wont be long enough
Needs 3d help
Andre

Post by Andre »

Unless you can get the fixture from an earlier version of the ssl library or Daslight tell us how to create gobos for fixtures then you are stuck I am afraid.
Andre