3D OBJECT SCALING

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

GRAPHIXSIGNS

3D OBJECT SCALING

Post by GRAPHIXSIGNS »

I HAVE CREATED 3D OBJECTS IN GOOGLE SKETCHUP FOR OUR STAGE SECTIONS. WE HAVE 1MTR X 1MTR SECTIONS AND 2MTR X 1MTR SECTIONS. I HAVE CREATED A DRAWING FOR EACH TYPE AT ACTUAL SIZE. I SAVE THE FILES AS GENERIC DIRECT X FILES. WHEN I LOAD THE OBJECT INTO VIRTUAL 3D THE 1MTR X 1MTR SECTION OPENS AT THE CORECT SCALE BUT THE 1MTR X 2MTR SECTION IS REDUCED BY 50%.
IS THER SOME KIND OF LIMIT THAT CAN BE SET OR ALTERED. :?: :?:
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hello, is your caps lock button broken?

I'm not sure why it is loading at the incorrect size, however it is possible to change the dimensions of the object. More info on this here:
http://www.daslight.com/online_manuals/ ... dfPJk8.htm
GRAPHIXSIGNS

Post by GRAPHIXSIGNS »

Sorry about the caps. I am aware of the scale function and have used it to correct the problem by typing in the actual x / y / z dimensions. however these objects were very simple and easy to scale. I was more concerned that if I want to create anything more complex were it would not be so easy, I should have mentioned that when the object was loaded the % did not read 100% but nor did it read 50% the three % dialog boxes all read differntly so did not represent any actual scaleing. I only new that the object was reduced by 50% as I new the size I designed it at. Can the % dialog be linked so that increasing or decreasing one dimension will increase / decrease the other dimensions proprtionatly. on another point can you answer my earlier question regarding the options / ombres /on or off selection in construction mode.
what does it do??
Thanks for your previous reply.