Use the Same DMX channel for different machines! please

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

clonix2012

Use the Same DMX channel for different machines! please

Post by clonix2012 »

Hi! I'm beginner daslight user and i need help.
I have read in the daslight site this: " Independent management of fixtures and lightings with the patch manager, so you can add an unlimited number of
fixtures to the same DMX address" and it's correct, but when a save my stage, i loose everything it was in the same dmx channel and in the stage i have only the fixtures patch on the dmx universe.
Why this appens?
I need the DVC2 GZM connected to my pc? or i need only drivers?

thanks
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi

If you want to have several fixtures patched to the same address in the visualiser it is better to do this within the visualisers patch window and disable "get the patch automatically from the controller". This way your patch is saved within the 3D show file and is not reloaded from daslight every time you change the daslight patch.
clonix2012

Post by clonix2012 »

simonB wrote:Hi

If you want to have several fixtures patched to the same address in the visualiser it is better to do this within the visualisers patch window and disable "get the patch automatically from the controller". This way your patch is saved within the 3D show file and is not reloaded from daslight every time you change the daslight patch.

and when in reality, the machines will work? for example i need to build molfeys 8 lamps in the Same dmx does it work?

Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

yes it will work as all fixtures or dimmer channels look at the dmx command channels for information.

So if you had 10 scanners and set them all to the same channel, they would all do the same things.

the same applies to dimmer channels.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
clonix2012

Post by clonix2012 »

Richard CSL wrote:yes it will work as all fixtures or dimmer channels look at the dmx command channels for information.

So if you had 10 scanners and set them all to the same channel, they would all do the same things.

the same applies to dimmer channels.

Thank you very much! that's what I need :)