Manually create fixtures/ auto detect from DVC2

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

Manually create fixtures/ auto detect from DVC2

Post by Richard CSL »

I believe I once read from admin, that it is best to create the fixture list in the visualiser manually, rather that auto update fixtures from DVC2.

The reason given was that if new fixtures are added , or addresses changed, all the fixtures end up in a line in the middle of the screen.

So can someone explain why this happens, and is there a way if you already use the auto system , to stop updates.

please explain someone??
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

When you add a fixture in Daslight, a unique index number is created. The 3D reads this and uses it as a reference when saving the show, adding and positioning the fixture graphic etc...

If you remove and re-add the fixture in Daslight, the index number will change, even if it is the same fixture type. Same if you create a new show with the same fixtures, although the profile is the same the unique index is different, therefore you lose all the info in the 3D.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

so doing it the other way round is best , ie : create the fixture manually in 3D, with the same address as DVC2. then on load up do not update profile to 3D??

This way the fixtures always stay put, ? am I right?
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Thats the way I usually do it as it keeps the 3D file safe and allows you to use the same 3D file with different DVC shows.