No DMX output

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

CannedWalrus

No DMX output

Post by CannedWalrus »

Hi,

I am in possession of TWO DVC2 GOLD interfaces. I am running them on an IBM ThinkPad R51. I am also having the same issues with two other CPUs so it isn't the computer.

Recently, I have come into trouble with communication between the PC and interface via USB. After reinstalling drivers/firmware, the communication is there again.

The problem is, my interface/software is delivering NO DMX output signal to my lighting fixtures. It seems as if the signal dies at the interface (unless of course it doesn't exist in the first place).

When I connect it to an Omnisistem LED PAR 64, the led does nothing, but the moment I move a fader it begins to flash consistently, then turn off. I have tried with several lights, and each of them do not register any DMX signal. The DVC2 GOLD does indicate that it is getting signal.

Has anybody had this issue? Is there some sort of loophole in the software that is impeding my ability to output DMX?

Please help!

Thank you.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi

Open tools.exe (found in the Daslight directory). Go to the test tab and move the faders. Do your lights respond here? This will tell you if it is a DVC2 or interface problem.