Interface Daslight + Daslight 5 - few questions

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

deborahwilliams

Interface Daslight + Daslight 5 - few questions

Post by deborahwilliams »

Hello,

I would like to ask for advice regarding DMX interface.

I have been looking into various interfaces such as Cameo Lightuno online, Eurolite, etc. However, I've decided to go for the Daslight DVC Gold because I eventually want to use Daslight 5 - I've heard it's much better than the previous version. I'm still building up my lighting arsenal, currently having 4 LED wash lights, with 4 beams, 2 spots, and a laser on the way.

We mainly play events using Pioneer XDJ / CDJ - will I be able to somehow synchronize the music with the lighting in real-time using Daslight 5? Or will I have to manually adjust everything in the program while listening to the dj music?

For example, I'm looking to have Daslight detect an upcoming drop (triggering, for instance, strobe lights), and then switch to a different lighting arrangement after the drop. Or I need to use different app for this function(I heard maybe Daslight5 + Resolume can make it)?

Thank you
helenslater
Operating System: Windows

Re: Interface Daslight + Daslight 5 - few questions

Post by helenslater »

Hello, as I know, Daslight 5 supports MIDI and DMX triggering, which means you can use external MIDI controllers or devices to control the lighting effects or change scenes based on specific triggers. You can set up MIDI mappings to trigger specific lighting changes or effects at certain points in the music.

If you're looking for more advanced and automated synchronization between music and lighting, you can consider using additional software like Resolume. Resolume is primarily a video mapping and VJ software, but it can also be used to control DMX lighting fixtures. By integrating Resolume with Daslight 5, you can create intricate lighting arrangements that respond to the music automatically.
nlikelypurcha

Post by nlikelypurcha »

Are Daslight 5 and Daslight 4 much differentcluster rush? Are there any particularly impressive improvements? I'm using Daslight 4 and wondering if I should switch to Daslight 5?
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

depends on what you are trying to do, if you are not syncing lights to music then das 4 is your software, if you want to or have the slightest possibility then das 5 is your software