How to Zoom

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

S.lellwitz
Operating System: Windows

How to Zoom

Post by S.lellwitz »

How can i change the speed of block content in Super Scene and how to zoom in Media Block Waveform
willm

Re: How to Zoom

Post by willm »

Hello!

In version 5.0.4.1 you can adjust the speed of a scene block via the following steps:

- Enable the 'Stretch content when resizing block' feature within the Super Scene timeline.
- Grab the top left or right corner of the scene block and drag the scene left or right.
- The scene will now stretch within the Super Scene. This is non-destructive and will not affect the source scene.

You can adjust the Zoom for an audio file by:

- Selecting the audio file block in the Super Scene timeline.
- Opening the Contents window in the top right hand side of the software.
- See the 'Waveform zoom' fader at the bottom of the 'Block properties' list of functions.
- Adjust the fader to zoom further into the waveform (note that the track within the timeline will need to be expanded in order to see the waveform).

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Will
S.lellwitz
Operating System: Windows

Post by S.lellwitz »

OK. I understood that.

but sorry, how stupid is this solution?

If I want to zoom a waveform, I don't want to increase the level of the waveform, but I want to be able to increase the height of the media track.
The ability to increase the level of the waveform is still useful for quiet pieces.

Furthermore, the ability to change the speed of scenes in a super scene does not work.

I tried to create a strobe using a simple step scene, step 1 - dimmer 100%, step 2 - dimmer 0%

Once simply inserted into the super scene and once slowed down with the timer stretch function.
runs normally, just doesn't slow down any function.

Then I have a curve FX with a strobe shape and effect on the dimmer.
same result as the version with steps.
willm

Post by willm »

Hello,

I'm not 100% sure I understand your previous message, so to clarify things I have attached below a video demonstrating both features.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10IV5Dp ... sp=sharing

Regarding the scene stretching- I am not able to reproduce any errors of this not working, perhaps you are able to send some steps over I can take to try and see your issue?

Regarding the Waveform zoom feature- perhaps there was a misunderstanding as to what this feature is for. It is only to increase the overall perceived amplitude of a waveform (to help with low volume audio files). The ability to adjust the height individual tracks on the timeline is currently not possible within the Super Scene unfortunately.

Hopefully this makes helps, if you are noticing any errors with these features please do let me know!

Kind regards,
Will