Problem with scenes

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

GarethFoster
Operating System: Mac OS X

Problem with scenes

Post by GarethFoster »

Seems an odd one, I am using daslight 5 fully updated to the software released yesterday (4th April uk time) now when I go to touch mode so I can use the iPad remote some of the saved scenes forget there saved state, I have to go out of the software on laptop and reopen it and open a previous saved show. I am on macOS up to date

How can I go back to the previous version?
richardc1983
Operating System: Windows

Re: Problem with scenes

Post by richardc1983 »

You'll need to completely uninstall the current version then reinstall the previous version 5.0.3.1 which I managed to find https://eu-software.n-g.co/Release/Daslight5.exe

Completely sick of this company, nearly 4 hours spent last night updating to new broken version to then spend time downgrading and ensuring everything worked ready for the event tonight. Nothing is tested properly and seems we are the guinea-pigs
willm

Post by willm »

Hey Gareth,

Thanks for the report! I am a little unsure on the exact nature of your issue, would you please be able to provide some further information so that I can test this out and report any issues to the developers?

- When you say 'saved scenes forget there saved state' - what specifically do you mean by this? Is it that the buttons are no longer assigned to the correct scenes, or that they are no longer triggering correctly, or something else perhaps? Any supporting evidence (video or image, including the .dvc file, etc.) would also be very helpful for this point.

- When you say 'I have to go out of the software on laptop and reopen it and open a previous saved show' - do you mean that restarting the software, then re-opening the project file fixes the issue?

Kind regards,
Will
GarethFoster

Post by GarethFoster »

I create a scene say open white, I run it fine on laptop, I put it into the touch section and create a button which works fine, I then put it in live and and take edit mode off touch so I can operate from just the remote. which then does not remember what was saved or does something other than the saved state.

I have only recently brought the licence for Daslight 5 and already I am starting to regret it.
willm

Post by willm »

Thanks for sharing that! So just to be perfectly clear- is it that:

- The button appears to be 'Off' (no coloured border) within the Daslight Remote app, when in fact the Touch button is 'On' in Daslight 5 (or vice versa).

- Pressing the button in Daslight Remote does not appear to trigger the Touch button in Daslight 5.

- The Touch button in Daslight 5 no longer triggers it's assigned scene.

Or perhaps something else if I have misunderstood?

Kind regards,
Will
GarethFoster

Post by GarethFoster »

appears on but will be as tho half the lights won't do as the scene is saved to do.

Is there an earlier version for Mac? I was about to download the version as linked to above but realised its windows version and not Mac.
willm

Post by willm »

Hmm, I'm still not 100% sure I understand. Perhaps you could provide the .dvc project file for me to check this out? Again, any video or image demonstration of this would also be super helpful.

I have provided below a link to the previous version which can be tested, I suppose if the same project file shows no issue then there may be a bug to be investigated. If not, the issue could be linked to the mapping itself- in which case it would be good for us to look into the project file.

Kind regards,
Will